PC Help Please

Richard Harvey

On one of the PC's i use it use's win98se. Recently someone must of changed a setting somewhere because before if you clicked on a jpeg icon on the desktop or in a folder the photo just opened , now it goes to 'Paint Shop' which was free sample version and you have to click through all the 'except this & that etc' before you can get to the photo.

I sure it's a simple thing but beyond me at the moment.

Thanks.

PS, also if you try to play aminated GIFS it just shows it as a 'still' in Paint Shop too???

Use a Lure Instead !! ;)

Thanks for moving this over Alan, i thought i was going mad when i couldn't find it in the other forum!

By the way, It's 'Paint Shop Pro' it opens up in if that makes any difference?

Thanks again .

Use a Lure Instead !! ;)

If you want more information, Understanding MS Windows File Associations will give it to you and in fairly non-tech language.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks Mike, i had tryed that right click before and on trying it again just now it only gives the option 'OPEN' which takes you to Paint shop pro.

= no 'open with' option appears that i can find yet.

Also when trying it just now on a amminated GIF if gave the options 'OPEN' ( takes you to PSPro )

or 'Quick Time' which if you click on that a yellow triangle sig appears stating 'there is no viewer capable of viewing GIF files!'

Thanks Newt i'm sure i will find the answer on that site somewhere, but as i'm just starting to improve from a couple of days in bed with a flu like bug i'm feeling thicker ( Numb ! ) than usual lol.

I'll have a dig thought soon, thanks again guys :)

Use a Lure Instead !! ;)

Richard - my personal preference for all of this is to have Irfanview loaded with all the plug-ins (all free, program and goodies) and to set it as my default everything viewer. All picture formats, movie formats, etc. You can do that with a couple of button clicks.

If you need to do fancier picture editing, you can open your favorite picture editor, open a picture, and do what you want. Same with video clips, mpeg clips, etc.

Irfanview isn't the fanciest editor program for anything but it is solid, reliable, and will do a decent job with a wide variety.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President