Bluetooth

Gillies

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the following is possible.

Attaching a Bluetooth dongle to the USB port on my office desktop computer, which is on the work LAN.

Setting up the computer as a proxy server ...

Connecting to the Internet through my desktop computer with a Bluetooth enabled PDA?

Still not sure about Bluetooth, went to go online with PDA through mobile phone in Glasgow airport on Tuesday, and when looking for the mobile phone device, it attempted to connect to 4 other Bluetooth enabled devices within the area - 3 mobiles, and 1 laptop (I think). Those people probably thought they were been hacked :) Anyone got any tips on Bluetooth?

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

you need to assign your own usernames to all your bluetooth devices, then you know what you're connecting to. everything you want to do is possible with a bit of fiddling!