problem adding avatar

butiaboy

can anyone tell me how to add an avatar as i am having trouble doing it.

[ 22. December 2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: butiaboy ]

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

Unless you've just tried, you might simply not have made the necessary 15 posts required to have an avatar load.

Try again and see if it works for you now at 16 posts.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hi newt, I have made far more than the 15 posts and I can see my avatar on one of the pages but cannot select it,it seems that the only page that I am successful is the first page none of the others are selectable,any ideas?

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

Sounds like a problem with the code that manages them.

I'll send Elton a note citing this thread and get him to take a look.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Anyone else having problems?

I was looking at this a while back with Gray, but it had me stumped. It had always worked before and I managed to drop my firewall and get it going okay, only for it to then stop working.

Would be interesting to see if others have the same problem.

Ta,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Ditto here Elton, i dropped my firewall, then set the options, still no avatars, mine or other members

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

This has got to be a browser issue, as I just changed mine with no problem whatsoever.

Anyone got any ideas?

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Dead easy with any from page 1. Impossible for me with pics from any other pages.

Maybe increase the No of images on page 1 to include them all. I cant see it being a browser issue when the first page works okay, but the rest dont.. Maybe a scripting issue in the html?

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Same here, Newt.

Steve - the script has been running here for years, although there may be something gone astray when I moved to the new ISP. I generally find I get most of the "your site won't let me in/work any more" type emails after an IE security update or ZoneAlarm release :)