how do i make a website

butiaboy

i want to make a free website and add a clickable link

like on this website but i do not no the first thing about doing it can anyone help :( :confused: :( :confused: :( :confused: :( .

[ 27. December 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: butiaboy ]

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

You need to get web space on a server

I see your are on AOL (from the email address on your profile) - so you already have free web space on a server to use. Type in keyword "hometown".

Other free space available can be found at places such as, they seem to be widely used.

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/learn2/HowIt...orks4_Free.html

or

http://www.tripod.lycos.com/

There are many more, probably even better ones around also.

Making a web page itself is simple enough for a page with static hard coded content, if you can write an E-mail or a Word Document, you can make a basic web page - in a sense the concept is the same. Insert text, images, and formatting the text layout and look etc.

Once you get into it, you will find it simple enough, and will be moving onto paying for space and registering domain names.

Good luck.

Gillies :)

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Check your inbox!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Guest sslatter

Hi butiaboy.

I've heard that certain nefarious people have hacked/iMeshed "Dreamweaver" (pro standard web design software) and used it to design and upload their own websites.

I've also heard that Photoshop 7.0 (pro standard graphics design software) can be acquired in the same way.

Not to mention Quark, and many others.

I couldn't possibly condone such illegal behaviour, however. :)

[ 28. December 2003, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Graham X ]