tvdvd?

kendo

only if it has an aerial imput ,if your tv has scart then thats the way ,if it has svhs thats even better or lastly composite ,if your tv hasent got a free scart socket then get an adaptor that has a 2 (or 3/4 etc) sockets to one scart plug :)

it is posible to add a scart socket to a scartless tv but with all the work needed it would be cheaper to get a new telly ,if your video has a free socket then plug it in there the tv will see it ok

[ 28. December 2003, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hi all

i use my dvd drive on the pc through SVHS cable from back of graphics card to svhs port on the telly as most update graphics cards supply svhs cables when you buy them and as long as the telly is good enough it should find it easy.

but mine is a fairly old one(bang&olufsen 1991)and it needs to be told that i want to use svhs and needs to be tuned to a channel but other than that its very good( tuned once it knows) and with a nice 6 speaker setup like mine which is a cheap zxr500 (about £67)it will sound VERY good as well as looks good even though asda is selling a dvd player for about £35 now

oh and a good peice of software such as power dvd etc

good luck

billy

[ 28. December 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

Yes you can, but you need an additional small piece of kit to convert the digital output from the DVD to RF for the aerial input. An example of such a device costing around £25 is here . The output channel is selectable so you can merge it with your aerial input too. Then you simply add the new DVD RF channel to another channel button on the TV.

You would normally only do this if you have an older TV which does not have any SCART input sockets. Is this your reason for asking?

[ 28. December 2003, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Lid ]

Although the quality is not the same, it is still pretty high quality, certainly far better than that from a VHS video tape.

lid is right, its still better than vhs, and if you dont have a scart on your telly, then it'll have to do wont it! on an older tv the difference will be smaller still, so its not worth worrying about.