I gotta get to the 'Big Easy'

Dave H

I love my Jazz. Always have especially live with a beer.

Gotta get myself to New Orleans....Anyone been there?

And these guys are just buskers...Check the Washboard out....

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Gotta get myself to New Orleans....Anyone been there?

Many times. Loved every visit.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

They are a famous street band called skinny Tuber which was a tribute to Fats as in Fats waller after his death.

We almost went but katrina struck on the very year we were going to book it. America is a wonder of different cultures from the big apple to the big Easy i just wish i had the lifetime to see more :)

Get yersel to the Big Apple.Much better there.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Lived both places. Can't agree with you although it is nice in New York that you can find just about any sort of food that strikes your fancy 7x24.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Way back In the 70s Newt. Only 2 things not there now. Jack Dempseys bar ?? Would that be still there.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Thanks for the link Dave, Loved the "yes sir that's my baby" brought a silly grin to my face. Watching some more now :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

My wife and i visited there in 1995, 1998 and 2002 during our roaming round the southern States trips.

We enjoyed the music, the people and the food, it was a very pleasant experience.

We returned in 2008 (Katrina was 2005) and things were a lot different, the people were not so friendly, we were warned of "no-go" areas, the unique atmosphere was gone and we moved on after a few days.

We tried again in 2010 and it was much the same, when two elderly ladies at our Hotel were mugged in broad daylight and hospitalised with serious face and head injuries, we decided to move on again.

I will never go back there.

Edited by Cranfield

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Ouch. That's sad to hear. I haven't been back to New Orleans in some years.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks for the link Dave, Loved the "yes sir that's my baby" brought a silly grin to my face. Watching some more now :)

Den

Quite a famous group. Although officially buskers they get quite a bit of money donated. They have made many CD's that have sold very well...