Vote for The Lodge

Leon Roskilly

The Lodge will create a fishing lake, educational venue and wildlife habitat on the Dicken St Reservoir.

The project will continue the work to transform this area which has recently been cleared by volunteers and was previously used by flytippers.

The project will engage children and young people in educational activities linked to the environment.

Please vote at: http://www.peoplesmillions.org.uk/2013-finalists/granada

(It only takes a second or two)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Sorry Leon, I need more info. I supported a similar scheme in my area, and it looked great, until they filled it up with bloody carp!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I think it's this, though what they will stock it with is another matter:

http://goo.gl/maps/0J2k2

I would guess that the lorry load of little carp is pretty much inevitable :(

That looks like the one Steve. I can't make my mind up whether it's a mill pond, or not. We used to have dozens of them around here. A few of us fought for 5 years to keep one open, and stopped 3 attempts to fill it in and develop the land. It had a mysterious, convenient, pollution that killed off just about everything, and that was their chance to move in. It's a housing estate now. Another one I helped clear, and develop, had nearly 1000 carp dumped in, and it was only about one and a half acres!

Sadly that seems to be the normal way to 'develop' a fishery these days.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

It appears to want me to register before I can vote - in which case I'm not interested - the more times I give out my email address the more spam I'm likely to get, (currently very little, and I like it like that).