Chubbing

Anderoo

Matthew, how did it go?

Lots of rain here has pushed the river up, should freshen things up a bit :)

Time for the roach; my chub fishing days have come to an abrupt end on the Stour with the river peaking 8ft up on last week!

Time for the roach; my chub fishing days have come to an abrupt end on the Stour with the river peaking 8ft up on last week!

I think you're right Mark, I came over the river this morning as it's got some colour in it again and is still rising with all the warm rain (in fact the river was steaming this morning like a gravel pit in summer!). Roach time :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I don't know john but I always do better for chub when the river is clearish (a tinge of colour helps, that nice winter bottle green colour). Low water isn't so good, I think it's better if the river is at a good winter level, but not high.

Thanks, that clarifies it.

john clarke

• 5 weeks later...

Had a cracking brace of 5lbers today. Kennet might be high but it is quite clear (least it is above Aldermaston) and eminently fishable...

A brace of 5's...

Chub5-12_zps37f47597.jpg

Chub5-0_zps84fc2f7a.jpg

Great result Chris - and thanks for the river update higher up - I have been putting off going because I felt the river was too high and coloured up - it certainly was all week at Padworth. M

Well don Chris great fish, was planning on trotting for chub today at colthrop but one thing led to another and I didn't have time in the end, I was trying to tell myself it wouldn't have paid off as the river wouldn't be in good form and you've just ruined that!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Well done Chris was that club water or Gary?? great fish either way

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• 4 weeks later...

... Looks like it could be an interesting winter :)

If someone could go back in time and stop me trying that, I'd appreciate it :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music