Met Office denies it's forecast a severe winter

Steve Burke

I was ten ,a pretty good age for enjoying it.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Plus tree species that find their crops predated have developed a strategy.

If they produced the same amount of crop each year, the predator species population would expand so that very little of their crop would result in seedlings.

So, they are meagre with the amount of food they produce most years, keeping the feeding of predators low, then every so often there will be a mast year, when they produce so much fruit that the predator population can't hope to eat it all, and lots of fruit is able to produce seedlings.

More on this at:

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/newsrele.nsf/AllByUNID/CA9C50439BE651A980257BD000474590

Leon, I can't get your link to work but I'm having a few problems at the moment with my ancient computer.

However you make a very valid point.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

ohh bu@@er big cod, that's gonna do the bass and angling trust's argument of poor recruitment argument no good at all. They want hell to freeze over so they can offer up nice new restrictions on all uk bass fishing.

ohh bu@@er big cod, that's gonna do the bass and angling trust's argument of poor recruitment argument no good at all. They want hell to freeze over so they can offer up nice new restrictions on all uk bass fishing.

Looks like it could be a mild winter this one barry big bass explosion once again a big drop here on the east coast with last few cold winters but they could come back in droves with some more mild winters a massive influx of small cod 1-3 lb due to the last few cold winters big survival hatch rate with cod biomas great to see but once again after all the what had gone on with discards and massive overfishing over the years which brought the cod stocks that far down the trawlers are at it all over again all these small fish should be allowed to come through and grow and yes the dumping still goes on its deplorable in this day and age.

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

The BBC do love to hedgebet about the weather.

The rags need to sell papers and keep their respective audiences captivated with trumpt up stories.

I just like Steve have a problem family with a problem - its called a teenager, it has no political views so reads no rags, couldn't give a toss about the weather, it does have a view on the BBC, or rather views or listens to some of its transmitions.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

The BBC do love to hedgebet about the weather.

The rags need to sell papers and keep their respective audiences captivated with trumpt up stories.

I just like Steve have a problem family with a problem - its called a teenager, it has no political views so reads no rags, couldn't give a toss about the weather, it does have a view on the BBC, or rather views or listens to some of its transmitions.

I have political views, but would not wipe my butt hole with the journalistic dross that is sold in the guise as "news"papers in this country.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I have political views, but would not wipe my butt hole with the journalistic dross that is sold in the guise as "news"papers in this country.

Maybe Boris was right when he said 16% of the "the species" had an IQ of less than 85, and maybe that's why we have such a low standard of 'news' media.

Come to think of it, it's probably why we have such a low standard of MPs as well.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John