Converting sound files

Howard 13

i am having a little prob with recording ,i have a number of MP3`s and want to make my own CD for the car ,whether i use the built in CD maker in Creative play center or the Audio Cd bit in Easy CD creator (disk at once)i cant play them ,the CD player in the car doesent see it,nor does my DVD drive in my pc or my DVD player under the telly :confused:

My CD burner has no problem seing it as an audio CD and my sons car radio plays it :confused:

my pc DVD see`s copied disks (data) but not audio ,any ideas??????

maybe my £3 kenwood was a flop

the files are not recorded as MP3`S but as what ever cd`s are and according to the software can be played by ordinary car and household cd players :mad:

[ 29. October 2004, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Right

Firstly: what version of Nero are you using Howard 13 ?

I still use Nero 5.5.8.2 - it's an old version which I've stuck to as I've had issues with newer versions. I have no problems creating audio CD's from WMA files

Secondly: I wouldn't recommend WMP for burning CD's - basically it's pants

Finally: you can easily convert WMA files to MP3's using a utility called "Alive MP3 WAV Converter"

http://www.alivemedia.net/

Hope that helps - WMA files are quite a basic audio file & are easy to convert ...

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...