Dicky Monitor

Dick Dastardly

My monitor screen keeps going blank! if I turn up the brightness the picture comes back but only to disapear again 15-20mins later.Up the brightness again no probs and so it continues! any ideas as being the countries latest dole que member I cant really justify a new one! Its an old type monitor as opposed to the new flat screen type made by MAG Innovision and about 7 years old.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

yup its buggered Budgie, im in the same situation, exept i have two monitors running, one is fine for a while, then turns red, the other, is blured around the edges and screetches at me every now and again, i honestly think one of them is going to blow up in my face very soon, i could steal my boys one from upstairs but i dont hink he would take to kindly to that, and i definetly cant afford a new one let alone two, and i do use both all the time great for running a program on one and instructions on the other, or running dreamweaver and having the other to test the results on, still never mind, i probably wont have the internet for a while, and with no monitors i have no worries :D

really though, once they start going, its really not worth the cost of getting them fixed, there are some cheap fs ones around, or you could go for a second hand bigger fatter one, dont pay more than 50 pounds for one though.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Gray-Catchpole why not get yourself KVM switch (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) instead of running 2 monitors ?

http://www.kvmswitchdirect.co.uk/Rextron_K...AG.htm#myhopper

I am a professional web devloper & have 3 machines running. I only use 1 monitor though & switch between them. Alot cheaper, a lot less space etc ...

[ 01. November 2004, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: FearTheHands ]

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

Feather

that is a great idea, but, i really like the fact that i have loads of onscreen space, having a program running on one screen, and instructions on another is great, no switching needed, or one screen surfing and the other having messenger/email, of whatever, i find it really handy.

Paulg, how much would postage be to newport in south wales?

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Graham,

Shouldn't be a problem. I work in Marlow, Bucks, or you could pick them up from my home in Wokingham. Whichever suits, let me know and I'm sure we can sort something.

Paul