Outlook Express

terryk

My C drive is on the verge of collapsing so I'm rebuilding a new one with the same applications etc, to swap over to soon. Does anyone know how to transfer my emails and address book from my current Outlook Express onto the new drive. I use IE6 / OE6. Thanks.....Terry

Terry

Address book is a .wab file and email folders are .dbx files.

If you have them copied somewhere you can simply put them on the new system. Usually all that is needed is to replace the existing (built when you install OE on the new drive) with your saved copies. Occasionally you will have to 'import' the data from the saved folders into OE.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Sorry for butting in Newt.

terryk.....I bought a very nice little program called Backrex which makes migration to a new installation very simple for idiots like me. You can find it here:

http://www.backsettings.com/

However I think I am unique in the world of computing because I actually BUY the odd piece of software....not always though :)

[ 16. November 2004, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Gobio ]

Gobio - that app would certainly save him some time and sweat so hearing that it works from a member on here should be great news for terryk.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guys, thanks for the advice. I saved the relevant files to my new C drive, imported them to OE, and all was restored. Took less than 5 minutes. It's great when you know what you're doing. Thanks again.........Terry

Terry

Glad it worked for you. Simple enough to do but not the least bit intuitive.