Browsers...get Firefox

Pugs

Just to inform you guys, I've been using Firefox now for over six months and the usual crap that filters(spyware, trojans etc) in via Internet Explorer is eradicated. I throughly recommend this product and it is 'safer' than other browsers, whats more it is free to use.

Going on from that, some of the available plugins are great, one everyone will love here is a weather plugin that sits in the status bar and will show you the current weather and forecasts for your choosen locations. Brill. :)

Don't stick to IE, download Mozilla Firefox and get those useful plugins, Dictionary search, Weather, Context Search and highlighters, translations, bugmenot, great built in blockers, news feeds etc etc. Go do it and enjoy the web.... :P

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to agree, been using it for a similar time and its fantastic, just started to use their mail client too, thunderbird. seems just as good

Got to agree with you both, Firefox is excellent :)

BTW, if you have broadband have you tried the tweak to make it even faster?

All you've got to do is type "about:config" into your address bar, wait for it to load, then alter the following entries:

Highlight "network.http.pipelining", then right click on it and toggle from false to "true", do the same for "network.http.proxy.pipelining" and lastly alter the value of "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" from 4 to 30.

Just flies then :) Apparently it only works for broadband though ...

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

i have ie,which i don`t use except for update.

firefox which i use for things that don`t seem to like things explorer based.

and maxthon which i use most of the time, it is an improved upon ie design,quite a few extras to standard ie pop up and ad blockers etc.

gues i just dont really go for the mozilla way of doing things.

later guys i`m going fishing

go to tools, then extensions, and look for it on the list there, theres loads more too, some useful, some downright weird! follow the instructions to install, its pretty straightforward

jaffa, good tweak mate, i'll give that a go

nursejudy:

Go to Bookmarks/Firefox info/firefox extensions and look for an extension called forecastfox, download it and then a few simple options to set and bob's your uncle

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

I have download Firefox, but not installed it yet.

I know it has a Pop-Up Stopper, but does it have an Advert stopper ?

When it says that all downloads are put on your Desktop, is this optional, can you store them somewhere else ?

Any downsides ?

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Pop up stoppers will also stop adverts, you can also download an extension that will do this

Downloads can be stored elsewhere i.e. My Docs/My Downloads, again great extension (download manager tweak) available for controlling a lot of the download features. Hope this helps.

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

Having just read this thread, I decided to give firefox a try.

Wow! on first impressions it really does seem to fly

I've also included Jaffa's tweak which appears to work very well. One thing though, could anyone tell me how to change the homepage on firefox?

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.