Webspace

twochay

Hi all, just wondering if anyone new of a good web hosting package or webspace. I have just built my business website and am ready to upload. What I dont want is adverts plastred all over it. I know i will have to pay but i dont want it to cost me the earth.Free would be a bonus! :rolleyes:

Hi twochay. I use Fasthosts, see link, for my local cricket clubs website. Been with them for about 3 years, and had no problems whatsoever. Costs around £70 a year, which is less than £6 a month. Advert and pop-up free, and seemingly alsways available.

Regards...

Terry

A mate of mine was singing the praises of Fasthosts the other day, too.

I'm hosting a lot of stuff outside the UK now - in particular, with www.powweb.com . About £50 a year, including a .com registration, and up to 5 gig a day transfer. Never had a problem with them.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I have a number of sites with ACSHosting ( http://www.acshosting.net/ ) they are good value for money, though the email can be iffy sometimes.

More and more though now the sites Im working on are on dedicated servers giving full control of everything to you, is very nice, but overkill for the price unless your a big organisation etc.

Gillies

[ 28. February 2005, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Gillies ]

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Do any of you know of a free FTP program I can use?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

use terrapin ftp, free and easy. No that I am an expert but it seems to be the one most people use and i have never had any probs with it

Thanks lads, tried terrapin but it is only for thirty days, so d/l ftp lite.

Den

[ 01. March 2005, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic