Daft Broadband Question

Elton

May be daft, but I'll ask it anyway.....

Just signed up for Broadband with BT at my work address. It pees me off that I have to pay about the same as I do at home for an inferior service, but that's by the by.....

I'm assuming that, if I ever wanted to, I could log on to broadband using the same details I do for BT Yahoo Broadband at home?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I would think so Elton ..

After all, your account details are the same no matter where you are connecting from.

Good question tho' ....

The Older I get .. The better I was.

I spent some time away from home in a temporary job, I searched for the BT Yahoo web site on the PC at the place I was staying, and logged in from there so you should be able to Elton.

SteveH

jeepster:

dont think you could as the log on is specific for your phone number isnt it?

It is with bt broadband at any rate.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Your connection will have to be with BTbusiness if thats who the BB connection at work is with. You must then surf to the BTyahoo site and logon there if you want to view your email etc.

(your logons will have different IP addresses) One advantage to the normal phone dial up is you can logon from anywhere using only one account and therefore pay only one sub. With BB this is'nt possible but if you pay both subs you may get a discount?

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

I think it's locked to the phone number. Certainly with Wanadoo, who I signed up with recently, you need to request a change to your account if you move house, so probably the same with BT, otherwise you could tell all your mates your account details and all have broadband for one fee.

Just a thought, if your home is close enough, you could use a wireless link, or if you have a clear line of sight. ie:home roof to business roof you could use microwave link, that way you only pay for your home broadband. But the initial outlay would be higher, which you could probably claim back in some way or another.

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

I have just signed up with Eclipse BB. Cost me a signing up fee and it is £15.99 a month for 2 gig and I can access from anywhere I was told as long as I have a modem of course.

just as an aside ever tried a FRENCH keyboard?? Cant find flippin keys.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))