Internet problems.

kirkby john

Help! XP pro.

It's just taken me about an hour to access the net. When I open OE I get the connection dialog box, click connect and the modem dials..... after some time " unable to establish a connection " if I click connect again the system hangs, ctrl, alt del, try again but still won't dial. If I try to close computer it hangs "saving settings" so I use the reboot button, when windows starts I have to do a shut down and then switch on again then open OE and get the connection box, click connect and it dials. It may connect but if I get " unable to establish a connection" I have to repeat the whole process again. It's driving me mad!!!

Any help gratefully accepted.

I also get pop ups advising me of registry errors but I dont trust them. I've run easy cleaner which reports no problems.

Guest jay_con

Have you checked the server status? The amount of times I try to connect to something that isnt working is unbeleivable.