Flatbed scanner help required

fatallove

Installed a flatbed scanner which attaches to the USB only with no separate power outlet.

It won't operate saying I have to check the leads, which I have done. Check power lead, it doesn't have one it works via the computers power source and is lit up. Lastly it says it can't work from a bus port.

All in all it is plugged in correctly and disk installed correctly, can anyone offer any suggestions apart from stick it in a field and blow it up?

I have a stack of old pictures to redo for the family and if I can't get this up and running it will cost me a fortune to take them to a shop

Wendy

Hi

Can you download and run this (with the scanner still connected) and post the result here? http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Are you connected directly to the PC's USB port, and not via an unpowered hub?

What make and model is the scanner? What OS are you using?

Did you install the scanner software BEFORE you connected the scanner?

Cheers

Ian.

Ian thanks for your help darlin' Didn't sort out the scanner problem but that program managed to sort out a multitude of others :D

After a shed load of problems I have managed to install the scanner by going directly through the usb connection in the device manager and installing a new set of drivers online.

Done and dusted :D

[ 09. April 2005, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: fatallove ]

Wendy