Wrasse and Hardback crabs

Grant

Pompey Matt:

Me and my mate bought some live peelers the other day but neither of us could conjure up the courage to cut them up whilst they were still alive. It some how felt cruel.    :rolleyes:  

Any tips from anyone on how to feel ok about cutting a live crab up ?    :D  

blimey matt its a crab not a labrador!!!! :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

@SUMMER@:

What type of peelers do you get in spain?? Are they different to here?

hi summer, in northern spain i expect thy would be the same as you get, but here on the med theyre not something thats used. Our tidal range is about 10cm, so youde have to be a diver to collect them!!

small hardbacked crabs are used, collected with prawn nets, they are attatched by using a rubber band that is placed around their body, (between the eyes and around the back of the crab. the hook is then slipped under the band, on the top of the crab.

a bit like a coarse angler uses a hair rig. it means the hook point cannot be masked.

cheers mate, best wishes dave. :)