Cataract surgery

Ken L

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems I may be able to delay things.

I was messing about with a pair of binoculars and managed to see a remarkably clear image with my right eye - albeit one with a little grease on the lens type smeering.

I couldn't stand seeing that image for long though because the eye very quickly felt tired - I'm guessing it may have been seeing low resolution with the eye for longer than I realised.

It seems that at least part of the problem may be a refractive change so I will be booking an opticians appointment next week to see if glasses would help.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

By the way Ken, I think I gave you some wrong info about my mate.............he stayed in overnight for his Knee op :) eye was done in 15 mins and then his wife drove him home.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I have had this operation with a replacement lens on both eyes .

Its painless, takes about 10-15 minutes and as Poledark says, your wife drives you home, which is probably the worst bit. :)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

• 11 months later...

Had the surgery today and it was not what I expected at all.

I was braced for it to be psychologically unpleasant but in truth, I couldn't see the surgeon or the instruments at the start and as soon was they started, I could only see red with a bright light doing various trippy things.

I expected it to be pretty painless but it was exquisitely painful. I couldn't feel the cutting because

of the topical analgesic but it was very, very unpleasant throughout the rest of the procedure (despite them topping up the pain relief) to the point where the surgeon (who couldn't see the look on my face)was asking me to try not to tense up when I was rigid with pain and had muscles randomly spasming in my arms and legs.

I suspect that the pain was due to pressure on the already damaged deeper parts of my eye that result in me having so much trouble reading a newspaper or computer screen for longer periods.

It was still pretty uncomfortable a couple of hours latter but seems to be calming down now.

No idea what my vision is like yet. We'll find out tomorrow morning.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

As above but will you not ask to be put out for the procedure?? jeez had a lump of glass cut out of my toe years ago with a local fek that hurt....hope it goes OK whenever you have it sorted

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

All,

Easily confused are "cataract" and "astigmatism". I kinda think both are being stirred in this pot (?).

Newt,

Are you considering Lasik? That would be laser.

Phone

I can be corrected on this entire post. I think cataract is done with knife and ultrasound and astigmatism lasik.

Just removed the dressing and cleaned the eye up a bit.

Unsurprisingly, It's a bl00dy mess and still quite sore but first impressions are that my vision has improved - although it's hard to tell my how much because things are still so sore and swollen.

As said, it was the degree of pain that really caught me off guard. I've broken bones and pushed large trebles through my toenail and experienced less pain than on the operating table and trying to keep your head perfectly still whilst it's ongoing is an "interesting" experience.

Still, if I get my sight back and can get back to work without all sorts of silly workarounds to compensate for not being able to see, it'll have been worth it.

I don't even think the pain thing is a common problem (as I said, I suspect it was due to pressure on previously damaged parts of my eye) because I was talking with an 80 year old lady who went in just before me and she'd had no problems.

yes i had my right eye done in feb this year, took about 15 minutes and to be honest i didn't have any discomfort at all whilst they were doing it.just waiting to go in to have my left eye done.

They do numb around the eye using drops and a swab of something thats numbs you up.

just one more cast then I'am off home