Cataract surgery

Ken L

Best wishes from both Peggy and me for a speedy and full recovery, Ken.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

I can already see a little better and no longer have the triple image in my right eye but of course things are still rather swollen and sore.

I can now open both eyes but I'm very photophobic at the moment and have been stuck in the house for a couple of days which is driving me batty. Hopefully, I'll get out of the house properly tomorrow, even if it's only for a walk to the supermarket.

The only scare was what I initially thought was flashing in the periphery of my vision (an indicator that my retina might have detached again) but it stopped when I closed my eyes which doesn't happen with a detachment. It turned out to be one of the muscles that moves the eye spazming. Hopefully that will resolve fully as things settle down because I've had quite a few eye movement issues since my original injury.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Thats strange ,i had always thought if you had a problem with your eyes if you shut them and it was still there the problem was in your brain ,but you say a detachment continues with your eyes closed ,i presume a detachment crosses wires that fool the brain ?

I would have thought not seeing (because your eyes were closed ) would stop any signals going to the brain but thinking now theres no switch that works when you close your eyelids like a fridge light so it kinda makes sense

Your eyes are still sending signals but all are black instead of coloured or lit

Its like those flashing lkghts you get with a headache ,they are identical in either eye when you shut one or the other so perhaps the brain is playing tricks with your eyes rather than vice versa

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

With a detachment, the retina is firing signals off due to damage which your brain interprets as flashes of light. That will happen whether your eyes are open or closed. If you get them (assuming you don't have a history of visual disturbance due to migraine, epilepsy or similar) get yourself rapidly to an eye unit. That applies twice over if they are accompanied by sudden onset of floaters. I was a couple of hours away from permanently and totally loosing the sight in my right eye when I was admitted for my original surgery. Even with surgery, I now have no vision on the left of the visual field in my right eye.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Blimey ,not good we had to rush the mrs to hospital one night we thought she had temporal epilepsy but luckily it wasnt .

Cant imagine having eye problems its not like ears where being deaf is an inconvenience, luckily despite having little regard for personal safety all i have had is a broken wrist and a prostrate that appears to jump from a pea size to a coconut but i cant imagine a life with sight problems you have my sympathy and hopefully your pain will lessen quickly and the brain amends for the damage

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson