Wanadoo dialler scam

Is there anyone else who is on Wanadoo Hometime? This has always run from 6pm to 8am and has always cut out automatically outside these hours or will not connect.

I recently received a phone bill for a whole list of phone calls to 0844 040 2001 before 8am. Apparently, the times changed in February, but Wanadoo did not inform me. Worse still, the number has been connecting right up until the old time of 8am, then cutting out, so that I did not realise anything was wrong.

How can they make such a change to the contract without getting an acknowledgement that I have received it, read it and understood it? As far as I am concerned, this amounts to a phone scam, fraudulently extracting money in the same way as a rogue dialler. Has anyone tried to prosecute Wanadoo for this?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Hi Peter,

I have not heard of this. However, if the sum is significant, I would definitely have a chat with Citizen's Advice.

Good luck,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

thats what happens when you deal with the french

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif