Network problem

melpen

All good advice....

He didn't say he was using a router though did he? You'd assume you'd want to given two wireless cards, but it could be for local gaming, file transfer or something...

He could just as easy set it up as peer-to-peer with ICS or something like Vsocks or Comtun to split the internet connection from a master PC (which effectively makes the PC a router).

Also 60m seems fine around our way, saying that our factory is a huge building with no 'real' internal walls (only studding). At home I can access from anywhere in the house or garden, which is all I need!!

Ian W

I know wireless is the way to go, but have had to settle for satellite download connection with a 56k pstn back channel do not know if it will work with my setup, or if i have the technical ability to set it up!

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

Would you FFFing believe it, I read one of the other forums on Norton, decided after great deliberation, that my probs started after the last live update.

So un-installed Norton internet security & basically my PC crashed, spent allday reloading (Done backup first) without Norton & Now all is working.

Norton has now been kicked out the door.

Using AVG!

Thanks for all your responses, from a well happy PC user.

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.