Problem viewing an updated site

Peggy Burke

Hi Guys

This is a question for a friend. She's a member of an on-line fan club forum and the home page has just been completely updated. She is now unable to get it to load. I've tried it using IE and various search engines with no problem.

quote:

I have tried 4 different search engines but all of them still give me the old website main page . I have tried deleting and reloading the bookmark and typing in the URL not using my shortcut and still no new site unless I use Internet Explorer which is so unsafe that we won't go back to it as our browser.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice

Peggy

[ 01. August 2005, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Peggy Burke ]

Classic Fishing Books www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk 100s of fishing books for sale/wanted + reviews

Wingham Fisheries www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm Gravel pit syndicates in Kent. 2008 Forum Fish-In Sat May 17 to Mon May 19. For what happened in 2007 see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75031

Paperweights Plus www.paperweightsplus.com Off the shelf and customised paperweights

Probably best if you give us the url's.

If it is the same url and the page has been updated, then it is probably her browser's cache.

It is possible, i suppose, that her ISP also works off a cache, although these are generally updated fairly frequently.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi Elton

Should she just clear the browser cache then? Will that solve the problem.

The URL is

http://bb01.mer.uk.vvhp.net/aledjones/YaBB.pl

Thanks for the help

Peggy

Classic Fishing Books www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk 100s of fishing books for sale/wanted + reviews

Wingham Fisheries www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm Gravel pit syndicates in Kent. 2008 Forum Fish-In Sat May 17 to Mon May 19. For what happened in 2007 see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75031

Paperweights Plus www.paperweightsplus.com Off the shelf and customised paperweights

It certainly wouldn't harm to clear her cache, as that would be the most likely cause.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thanks Elton, problem solved

Peggy

Cranfield:

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh            , thats the Aled Jones Fan Club website.

I feel as though I have been defiled.    :(     :(

Yeah, there should be rules about posting links to such depravity. :D

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote