ie 11 for windows 7

Klaus

from personal experience I would lay off of IE 11 for awhile anyway...on windows 7 or 8 its just not being picked up quickly enough with support from various websites...whether its the websites fault or the browsers fault is yet to be seen...but its annoying as hell! LOL!

Well there's a surprise. :doh:

browsers fault. ebay probably using something thats been accepted by all major browsers but IE being IE trailing behind as usual. id say ditch it all together and use Chrome.

As for antivirus programs AVG Free or Mcafee. A friend just bought a years subscription so I was given it to install on his system. have to say pretty straight forward and simple and isnt a resource hog like Norton. its much like AVG Free in that it doesnt constantly intrude all the time. not sure which version it is but it aint full of bloatware.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Norton is one of the only products I will actively seek to discourage people from using on a regular basis; every single incarnation of it on a personal computer is without doubt a major pain in the rear! if it isn't right now..it will be in the near future!!

360 slows things to a crawl, internet security decides to filter/ban whatever it wants as and when it wants including the entire OS on occasions....the products, at least for the home user, are utterly utterly dire!!!

commercial products by Symantec are fine on a whole though....go figure!!

standard procedure for any new laptop I set up is to first and foremost remove Norton or Mcaffee!! LOL

annoying thing in ie11 is that they have removed the compatibility quick button.....now you have to add it into the compatibility site list.......classic MS thought process of making things harder to find rather than easier!

I have used it for years with no problem bar about 2006 when it ate resources ,good value too i buy unused 2007 and above at bootfairs and it immediately updates to the latest version ,got a 360 and 360v2 for the next couple of years

In the past when it hiccupped a jolly foreigner took the helm and sorted it out immediately their support is second to none

I do though throttle it back as i dont like things trundling in the background so a lot of the automatic stuff is restricted ,i like to decide what does what on my machine

Being an incredibly unlucky person i suspect i have now jinxed my pc ,but no matter this tablet appears to be virus free after a year with no protection at all!

Bugger.......[

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson