Wind

Leon Roskilly

Sounds like a good time to batten down the hatches then. Good luck to you all.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/

If you or loved ones are travelling over this Christmas period then please be aware there will be some periods which will be highly likely to suffer from disruption to air, rail and road travel.

The chief concern is storm force winds but not exclusively. Over the next four to five days we can expect heavy rain with local flooding as well as ice and snow to feature in disruptive travel plans.

Here are the main events which we are monitoring :-

Monday 23rd - A major Atlantic storm will push in bringing severe gales to many areas and heavy, prolonged rain across Western areas. Up to 60mm of rainfall across Southern and South-western area is likely to lead to flooding with gale force on shore winds. Severe gales across Northern and Western areas will bring further disruption and issues with travel and power.

Christmas Eve - Severe gales and heavy snow across much of Scotland with blizzards across high roads of Central and Western Scotland.

Christmas Day - Moderate risk of heavy wet snow pushing across Central England and into Eastern England during the early hours.

Friday 27th - Another major Atlantic storm system will push in from the West with further storm force winds and very heavy rainfall

Sunday 29th - A complex area of low pressure pushing in from the West bringing further heavy rainfall.

There is the potential for some areas over the next 7 days to see over 100mm of rainfall and the potential for some areas to see over 100mph gusts of wind. So, all in all a serious situation for the UK and the risk of loved ones being stranded at airports or traffic problems remains high. Areas across Southern and Western England and Wales should monitor the Environment Agency website, especially if you live in flood prone areas.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

A fair bit of rain yesterday (3/4inch) but hardly any wind ,the wind alarm is set at 30 mph it will be interesting to hear it ,if ofcourse the "prediction" is anything more than a overstated guess as it usually is ,or perhaps we here have our own climage?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Leon,

I think that is Iceland. In any event I like the feature of clicking and receive a km/h. For example Iceland 8 km/h - between Iceland and Greenland 103 km/h.

Chesters1,

By now you should be experiencing 59km/h. Of course your village may not have gotten the e-mail.

Phone

Leon,

I think that is Iceland. In any event I like the feature of clicking and receive a km/h. For example Iceland 8 km/h - between Iceland and Greenland 103 km/h.

Chesters1,

By now you should be experiencing 59km/h. Of course your village may not have gotten the e-mail.

Phone

Actual average wind speed 2.7 mph ,i dont do kph

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson