Wind

Leon Roskilly

There is now a moderate risk of local tornadoes across parts of the Midlands and South-east England this evening as an intense squall line develops on the cold front of Storm Dirk.

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/warnings.asp

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Taking a pounding here on East Anglia coast at time of posting and have been since mid afternoon.

All reports say it will get worse/peak between midnight and 2 to 3am

Oh joy!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

It's a steady F8 gusting to F10 here at the moment, been about F6 gusting to F8 all day.

post-1421-0-37311500-1387841631_thumb.jpg

Edit: Only one local bird watching report today - in gale conditions Milford beach is often worth a watch, today's report:-

One Pintail (f) pointing West but going East.

:D

Edited by ayjay

Heavy rain and strong gusts hitting us during the night.Chucked it down yesterday afternoon, and its bloody freezing

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Storms heading for Northern Ireland.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Just got home from work so listened to the storm all night !! I'm pleased that we still have power as we often have power outs in our village after storms.

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

The 30mph alarm never went off so either it never got more than that or the dooda got blown away!

Unfortunately my station has no wind history only rain (1.57 inches yesterday) only the average or gust in the last half hour!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I am knackered - the wind increased all night and peaked at around 3am.

When I say peaked it was intense and pretty bad (strong and steady) all night but at around 2am there were some very big gusts that had the windows creaking and the roof rattling, by 3am these were very big gusts (It would seem all of my work colleagues wre also woken up around 2-3 all around the Felixstowe/Ipswich area) and I was sure something on the house would break.

Both my girls were woken up by it and came in to sleep with the wife.

I dozed on and off - the sort of sleep I get when night fishing and at around 4.30 to 5am it finally went quiet. TBH I could of given you a half hourly report all night!

Damage - I had a plant pot knocked over :) - a few houses around me have missing tiles and one has lost a whole fence (last knocked down by St Jude) again.

Oh well lets get Christmas out the way and get ready for the next high winds due Friday

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

The 30mph alarm never went off so either it never got more than that or the dooda got blown away!

Unfortunately my station has no wind history only rain (1.57 inches yesterday) only the average or gust in the last half hour!

Have you tried putting it outside for a change, chesters? :D

One poor sod down the street had a new fence put up the other week. The last lot of wind blew the gate off,(which he had replaced), this one blew it off again, and flattened about 30' of his fence!

John.

Beat me to it ajay, posted same time. :D

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John