550 RCPT: Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH

melpen

Am trying to reply to e-mails but some just will not go through eg to btinternet accounts, wanadoo accounts, most are not affected error response is:-

550 RCPT: Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH

Have contaced my ISP who cant help, no surprise there!

Am using outlook 2003

anybody have any ideas?

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

Yes,

Have just subscribed to 4 isp`s smtp setting changed in each case, all with same prob. Also changed to Outlook Express with same results.

The fault lays within My software, but where?

Can anybody recommend a good e-mail package to work with firefox & XP Pro?

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

I use xp pro and have always used OE with no problem whatsoever. I undersatnd that mozilla do a good mail browser but my guess is you will encounter the same smtp problems.

Haqve you tried ticking the authentication box in tools- accounts - properties - servers ???

mozilla thunderbird is excellent, but probably wont solve this problem. who is your email provider, i had a similar problem when i used my own domain emails without having setup an smtp service (BT broadband used to provide this as part of their service but now no longer do)

Used 4 different ones last night, all with same results, at mo using tiscili( i only have dialup)

Is there something in registry gone wrong?

Sorted :D

Very complicated!

Because i have no Broadband where I live, I have satellite download at 16MB max, & using 56k dialup as my back channel.

Now this is where it gets complicated, i recieve my e-mails via satellite, therefore my satellite ISP pulls my e-mails from my dialup ISP using HTTP tunneling to its e-mail server in Berlin.

So when i was trying to send an e-mail i was sending it through the dialup ISP to be routed to my ISP in berlin. I THINK

Anyway upshot is when sending e-mails i have to shutdown sat software, & it works :P:P