Bite me......I think i got a virus

ben88

Ever downloaded from limewire or kazza ?

registered with runescape or similar?

Start there and work backwards.

This oldboy has been on the www since it began and has never had a virus, no spy/malware problems.

I have Full paid up protection and its never found anything.

Run spybot and adaware regular neither have found anything.

Am i doing somthing wrong? not visiting the right sites, not opening every email received?

I have no idea what your problem is and doubt any one else will either.

1509tarpon_75_.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NickInTheNorth

yes it is of use. You should have up to date antivirus software installed. You should run a firewall. You should run spybot, spywareblaster, adaware, and probably several other good pieces of free software.

Do a search through the technical help forum and or the non-fishing chat forum and you should find lots of help regarding how to keep your system safe.

And turning your speaker off will not be of any help!

What Nick said.

Also, download a current copy of hijackthis, run a scan, post the results, and PM me when you've posted.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest jay_con

Isnt it funney how many times you here the words internet explorer and problem in the same sentence. My suggestion is delete it off your desktop and use Mozilla instead.

Yes. Absolutely. EVERYONE please switch immediately to Mozilla/Firefox browsers.

The sooner we get a decent size installed based of them, the sooner the script kiddies will make serious efforts to attack those versions and leave IE somewhat alone.

In fact, http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/ will allow you to update/patch windows without ever having to use IE.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

ben, ignore anything n4lly posts after it's got dark, he like to find someone he can pick on when he's had a few drinks, last time it was me, next time it will be someone else. don't let it bother you

Got it ben88.

Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)

You really, urgently need to load SP2.

For the rest of it, I did find at least two baddies in your Hijackthis log and since one of them looks likely to be a rootkit variant, I'm gonna stop here and suggest you post the hjt log & your symptoms to www.windowsbbs.com in the critter removal section. Those things are hard enough to remove and change often enough that you need advice from someone who is doing them every day. I'm afraid I'd only get you partly cured and make the remainder harder to get rid of.