River Cottage - Catch & Cook

FearTheHands

I am booked on a River Cottage "Catch & Cook" day out with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall & cohorts on Monday 25th April.

The itinerary is:

Boat fishing from Weymouth early morning, then returning to River Cottage HQ in the afternoon to be shown how to prepare & cook our catch, then some fishy nosh afterwards.

Also on hand on one of the boats is Nick Fisher who apparently presented the 'Screaming Reels' programmes & has written for Sea Angler magaine (?).

I'll be taking my camera along & will post a 'report' on how the day went once I get back as I think some of you might be interested.

It'll be my 1st time out boat fishing (other than on a mackerel boat) so that should be an experience as well!

http://www.rivercottage.net

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jay_con

Wow, Are you really gonna meet Hugh fernley. What a star he is. Sounds like real fun to me. Dont be eating no wild mushrooms though.

Cant wait for the report and the pics. Hope you enjoy it.

Hello there,

Hope you have a good time but I HOPE that you get to put a few fish back unlike the last time Fisher & Whittingstall teamed up for what turned into a BASS SLAUGHTER-THON.

Maybe, Hopefully, they've learned their lesson after all the bad press that last trip so rightfully attracted.

Here's hoping anyway...

Guest Flybynight

Screaming reels was fantastic - I think Nick is excellent.

Wonder what happens if you don't catch anything???

Have a great day.

FBN

Guest jay_con

Perhaps you could let him know our thoughts about that Bass slaughter. Tell him about the good work being done down there to conserve the bass.

Hugh has been criticised for his actions and quite rightly so.

However many of his ideas are good; supporting small local producers, seasonal products etc.

Sometimes the local supermarket has loads of vegetables that have been produced halfway around the world and shipped in when the same thing could be produced in this country.