River Cottage - Catch & Cook

FearTheHands

hmmmm, he was the guy who took over 50 odd Bass :mad: . No pleasant ideas spring to mind.

However see my thread and contribute if possible....

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supporting local producers gets my vote aswell but like I said lets hope he's learned his lesson - what a great sight it would be to see them setting an example returning the majority of what they catch to the spawning stock and to fight another day. That would be something worth watching and go some way to making amends for what they did before.

@SPRING@ is spot on. Have a word with him about BASS and the BMP. Tell him what its like in America.

Love the River cottage shows and the whole ethos behind them. Sounds like a great day out Fearthehands and I look forward to your report.

He screwed up with the Bass, but compared with all he's done to encourage people to think about local food, I can forgive him that one.

He's certainly a subversive antidote to the sugary PETA agenda that gets so much TV time... :D

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Hugh's books do stress conservation and taking fish from sustainable local stocks.

Contrast that with the average TV chef who would serve up fillet of mahseer flown halfway round the world and stress the cachet of rarity value, high price and the fact that as that particular stock was hovering on the brink of extinction you and your chums would probably be the last ones to eat a slice!

Give Nick Fisher my regards :)

I did a couple of Dirty Tackle programmes with him, one on mullet at Sun Pier.

Phil Whitings write up of that session makes a good read. See here:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/aquarium/diary/c...26thjuly01.html

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

FTH

Excellent, hope you have a great day out mate,

I am rather jealous, Hugh is almost god like in my eyes, after only the great keith Floyd :D

Keep it reel!!

Sounds like a great day out.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE