Christmas fishing

RUDD

Usually have a New years day session but somebody called Stella ruined any chance of me fishing yesterday, by the time I woke up the weather had turned bad again!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

It's not over yet: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/02/uk-braced-further-floods-storms-atlantic

The next few days will see an awful lot more water coming down, the Thames is still well over its banks and I dread to think what it's going to look like...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

We have some very high tides and gale force winds plus the driving rain of course over the next 24hrs. The rivers are already carrying a good head of water so when those high tides start to push 'em back I think some people will have floating furniture !

Just popped out for what looked like a break in the weather. Kennet over its banks and the adjacent canal was getting on that way too, that scuppered a recce of a newly acquired stretch of the river. Even the trusty Lambourn was high and coloured and whilst it still looked good to fish the rain came back by the time I’d got myself set up. One minnow followed shortly by the journey home.

I had to get out and try, staying indoors is driving me nuts.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

And yet JV braved the giant hailstones storm yesterday whilst Rusty beat a retreat :giveup: incase and I quote "Thought they were going to dent my Volvo mate so had to abandon you" .

Then he had the added horror of everyone pitching in to Sainsburys café avoiding the weather to thwart his plans of breakfast :lol:

Been over to check the boat this morning and lower is ugly but nowhere near as high as it`s Peak Christmas day which others off the island have said was the highest they have seen it .

Dread to think what state the Thames is in

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Yep Thames is still rising and all the tributaries backing up again, and a LOT more water still to come... Very messy indeed.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music