Christmas fishing

RUDD

Chris I hear you beat Rusty to a certain spot yesterday ,

My alternative plan was rather cunning I thought and it paid off. When the levels are high at that venue a slacker swim is 'created' further upstream, fish seem to take refuge there. Two chub to 2 1/2lb was a pleasing result for a such a short session. As usual I see that I provided a pre-baiting service for CP.

Wasn't planning to paddle, didn't have waders with me.

Hoping to get out over the next couple of weeks but looking at the weather forecast I decided not buy any maggots for the fridge today. If I do go it'll have to be with my existing stock of lobs but that's ok because I have another theory about a particular canal swim which provides refuge when the Kennet is pushing through. Or chubing with bread, haven't done that for a while.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Lower Kennet was a raging brown mess when we went to check the boat lines this afternoon and was visably rising even in the short time we were there ,water was shooting out of roadside banks ala floods 2007 on the way home at the edge of Ashampstead common so an awfull lot of water still to enter the rivers methinks .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Chris I hear you beat Rusty to a certain spot yesterday ,I spent the day sat in sunshine for the most part blanking for Pike in a spot that had been kind

And they both beat me to it (if my assumption is correct that it was one of you stood mid river at H) so I ended up blanking at Colthrop! Hoping the weather is ok on Saturday to get out, it's looking like barbel may be on the cards if the temp stays up and there's a couple more days of rain

Edited by viney

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Might be worth a punt with a big lump of garlic meat in the evening on the kennet some time this week if we don't get a frost.

Matthew you are welcome to join me at a Thames hunt for beards or the island one evening if that suits ,Sadly our Roach hunt is knackered well and truly with the state of the lower Kennet for a while yet but later on hopefully we can catch a finning river for red fins .

Give me a shout if that suits

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Might be worth a punt with a big lump of garlic meat in the evening on the kennet some time this week if we don't get a frost.

Going to spend a few hours after chub (roach are out of the window) with John (the flying tench) on sat, would it be worth inching a big lump of spam through under a float for barbel?

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

That was a hell of a storm yesterday and last night. The ea site is showing all local rivers over their banks except the Thames which is right on the limit, and means they've opened all the gates to let it rage through. The local news is also reporting lots of flooded roads and fallen trees. It doesn't look like I'll be fishing over the break...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

That was a hell of a storm yesterday and last night. The ea site is showing all local rivers over their banks except the Thames which is right on the limit, and means they've opened all the gates to let it rage through. The local news is also reporting lots of flooded roads and fallen trees. It doesn't look like I'll be fishing over the break...

IMPRESSIVE amounts of rain from it - Thatcham weather station (just down the road from me) recorded 51.6mm from it - just over 2 inches in old money!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

IMPRESSIVE amounts of rain from it - Thatcham weather station (just down the road from me) recorded 51.6mm from it - just over 2 inches in old money!

C.

Wow - I can believe it too, at its most severe there were just sheets of water coming in sideways!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music