Christmas fishing

RUDD

When I drove past Hambridge yesterday afternoon the kennet looked pretty close to bursting above the bridge, pretty sure it will have overnight the EA site shows the kennet rose pretty quickly! Woken up this morning to fence panels snapped in half and the garden a right mess!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Matthew you are welcome to join me at a Thames hunt for beards or the island one evening if that suits ,Sadly our Roach hunt is knackered well and truly with the state of the lower Kennet for a while yet but later on hopefully we can catch a finning river for red fins .

Give me a shout if that suits

Steve, Thanks - lets keep our options open. I've got my boys this week - maybe next week? M

Going to spend a few hours after chub (roach are out of the window) with John (the flying tench) on sat, would it be worth inching a big lump of spam through under a float for barbel?

Maybe Viney - my thinking was to leger a piece the size of a squash ball after dark in crease swims where I've had em before! Give it 30 minutes and move. If they are on I would expect a bite within 20 minutes often much less! If the river conditions allowed and there was still colour, then I think your technique will score in daylight! Have fun - M

Yikes, just had a look at the ea river levels and they're all now way over their banks and still rising! A couple are not that far off the record 2007 levels.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Dangerous places to be once you cannot see the bank even if you know the bit of water ,TBH a lifejacket is not over the top for fishing swollen rivers even if from the bank .

Thames will be working towards getting all the weirs fully drawn ,they have to do it bit by bit to control as best they can sections above and below with half of the weirs being fully drawn yesterday and the Jubilee river about to reach it`s level that lets it draw off more according to a Thames lockkeeper yesterday.....they cannot just open all the taps but once they have the only other option is to open lock gates....very seldom used

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Had a walk down Hambridge earlier the river is over it's banks in places but there are some very nice looking slacks and creases and the water feels a lot warmer than I was expecting. So off to the tackle shop to exchange my permit and get some lobs to go with my couple of tins of garlic spam ready for tomorrow!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Found a nice spot out of the wind today and fish flake and mashed bread on the tip. It was the same peg that gave me a pb chub last Christmas. No monsters today, but finished with 5 good chub and 2 barbel. Its not cold.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Had a walk down Hambridge earlier the river is over it's banks in places but there are some very nice looking slacks and creases and the water feels a lot warmer than I was expecting. So off to the tackle shop to exchange my permit and get some lobs to go with my couple of tins of garlic spam ready for tomorrow!

Is happy Tony open for business tomorrow? I thought he might be closed over the Christmas period what with all the parties he'll be throwing.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back