A big hello to you yakkers

gus

welcome aboard gus, i've not got a flash yak like this lot but i just got my vhf operators certificate so i shall be out on "Eric the yak" soon jpgyak2002.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ziggy,

Nothing wrong with your Yak buddy,...... anyhow, FLASH dosnt catch fish :D

Congrats on getting your certificate mate,.......

Foxtrot-Lima-Alpha-Siera-Hotel.....Golf-India-Tango.........out !! :D:D:P

YY

[ 08. May 2005, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak - u.k. ]

would have put a wink with last post, but my instant gremlins don't seem to work on mrs becky's screen name.

scored one more point than elton on the vhf test :-)

Bravo Alpha Delta Golf Echo Romeo....Echo Yankee Echo :-)

YY - how is the tow-behind bait bucket working for you?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hiya Newt,

Havnt tried it yet :( ....Im shore bound for the moment, got trouble with the Tendons in my elbow :mad:

Very frustrating, and annoying.

I cant see there being any probs with it to be honest Newt.

If I want tp paddle any distance, Ill pull it inside the Yak between my legs, as you know, it will retain half of its water, so keeping the bait fish alive, give it a dunk now and then to keep things happy.

The drag factor will not be a problem over a short distance.

yy :)

hi yakity, i hope your elbow is sorted out soon. what a nightmare!wait months for the good weather, and when it arrives, your'e laid up!what a sod.the yak looks really good mate!

strap a motor on it!!!!!

best wishes dave. :D:D

Hiya Dave.

How are you and the family? all well and happy I hope. :)

Yes its a damned nuisance mate, realy pi$$ed with it at the moment.

Funny you should mention a motor, my Son is rebuilding a V8 for me as we speak, however the placment of the fuel tanks is proving to be a problem at the moment. :D:D

How are things with you?

Still busy over there, you will soon have the holliday makers over with you.......deep joy :D

Have you found a cheap house for us yet :D

All the best.

Bill.

[ 08. May 2005, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak - u.k. ]

Yakity,

I told you how to cure your elbow - plenty of gardening and decorating,works a treat :D

Down your way this week - Plymouth on Weds - possible fishing trip in the evening if Yaskalos is available to buddy up. Then Dartmouth on Thursday to do pictures/story on the Harbour Master and his RIBs. Then mad dash North for a bike in N. Yorkshire on Friday (after dropping senior management at the airport for 05.30 )

Saturday is another non-angling day too - more bloody trucks for Truck & Driver!

The water is warming up all the time though.

You'll be out soon.

Simon.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Gus,

Welcome on board. So that we can give you the best advice, could you let us know what kayak you are fishing from and where you fish, gives us an idea of the cockpit layout and hopefully what is possible.

Yakity has mothered several kayaks over the last couple of years, and I am working on my second, which is proving more difficult that it should. :D But with all the kayakers on this forum we have a good range of yaks from surf scooters, to the long and very able Scupper Pro's.

We are all learning, so why not share in the pleasure and occasional pain. :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com