Kayakfishing Chat - more

Newt

Speciman, have read three reviews on handhelds and the one that keeps coming out top is the Entel HT640, cheapest I've seen it is £149.

I believe that only one of the manufacturers is making a DSC handheld at the moment and is quite expensive, tried to find a price, think it's just below £300.

2 important factors when buying, submersible construction, and 5 watt minimum output, some cheaper models only have 2 or 3 watt maximum output which won't give you a very good signal. . . 1 watt per mile (line of sight).

Yakity, I've got a couple of Motorola's, tried to call up the wife when I was fishing with you last year, that huge cliff blocked the signal, normally they are fine but if you use an Aquapac with them it does cut down on the clarity and sound level.

SM :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Starvin,

Re the Motorolas, are they waterproof, and do they float??

Looking to get a couple for contact with fishing buddy, saves all that shouting :D

Thier use is limited I agree, but for on the water, should be ok.

I saw some somwhere, and cant think where it was now :rolleyes: .

Had a look at the Prowler on Anglers Afloat, its coming on nicely.

Still havnt got my hatch, shouldnt be long now.......I hope :D

No their not waterproof and no they don't float :D

But they do work well, bought the T5522 Twin Pack which comes with a charger base and rechargeable battery in each, you can also use normal batteries. Been very pleased with them keep mine in an Aquapac which attaches around my arm, makes me look important. :)

Also very handy when the wife and I go shopping and I go looking at mens stuff and she goes looking at food!

Re the Prowler, hope to receive my compasses tomorrow, one for the Caper and another for the Prowler, not sure which is going to look best on which yet.

Oh just remembered have a look on www.maplin.co.uk they do the motorola's and others at quite reasonable prices, beware of the cheaper ones, I've been told they eat batteries.

Hope that hatch turns up soon.

SM

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Thanks oLLy, he doesn't look much like me apart from the large head, pot belly, short legs and nappy, but he did take me a little while to draw and animate. :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Bonjour everyone, back from not so sunny France after the missus surprised me n the kidz with our easter present, beats eggs anyday, took a little trip around Brittany visiting Dinan en route (see below, must take the rod next time).

What have I missed? you finished that ceiling yet YY??

2irq88

[ 31. March 2005, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Prowler ]

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Look - they're going fishing up the river - see, all those bright blobs in the distance, Yakkers they are an no mistake..!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi All

Am going to do my first trip actually fishing on Saturday morning, got my 2 new 8-12lb rods, cleaned up and re-spooled the old 6500's (can't find me level winds took em off in my rock hoppin days). Sorted all my gear down to a minimum, bait all organised, fishing area all planned and weather forecast good. So, the question is what do I wear?

Up to now on my practice paddles have worn my wetsuit with BA. Should I continue to wear the wetsuit (BA I will wear whatever) or should I wear more conventional clothes, what do you guys wear. Weather forecast is dry, warm, sunny outbreaks and little to no wind (poss 5mph SSE).

Also, can anyone think of anything else which is a must?

Thanks

Nick