Tynemouth Harbour 12/5/05 - fishing report

Mad Yakka

I've just got back from fishing the mouth of the river Tyne. Wor lass took the kids to the fair while I bobbed about it the harbour for an hour.

I paddled up to the Post on South Shields Pier, dropped a set of Mackerel daylites with an 8oz weight on into the set edge at one hour to top & drifted across the harbour in the South Easterly breeze.

I got nowt but had the pleasure of the company of what I can only think was a small Coley that followed me across the harbour & back & everytime I stopped jigging the daylites it would nibble at them but wouldn't take the hook !mad I tried always to hook it without success and gave up when I heard voices behind me. I turned my head to see a f****n big DFDS Seaways ferry not 100 yards away steaming out to sea !?!? it was the ships tannoy talkin to the passengers so I wound up & paddled like mad to get out of the way & prepare for the wake

B) then the jet skiiers arrived with trailing rubber rings & banana boats galore so I headed in just in time to meet up with the brood on the beach. :)

All in all I've had a gr8 day, been out twice on the yak, gettin fitter every week & lovin it. Fish less but happy :cool:

ps: I copied & pasted that from my fishin site so forgive any geordie twang, :D

When out fishing in Poole Bay the other day I had a yacht head straight at me. I was snagged at the time and didn't want to give up my tackle to the rocks below without a fight.

Fortunately within the last 30 yards or so he changed course -- was about to cut the line, cut my losses and make a dash for it. My paddling partner said that as the yacht went past the guys on board were looking through their binoculars in a completely different direction.

Will Have to buy an air horn soon.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Just carry a supply of old spark plugs - I use them as weights in rocky ground but they are just as useful for ammunition at myopic yachties!

Simon.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo