Fladen Flotation Vest

Steve W

My Fladen vest arrived this morning due to excellent service from UK Fishing Tackle. It looks great and the waist belt is good for adjusting the size depending on whether you are over or under-dressed. It might be a bit long in the body for use as a kayak touring buoyancy aid but I reckon it's perfect for fishing. One thing though, I will replace the free whistle with one with a bit more ooomph.

I've had a fladen camo vest for a few weeks now. Really only bought it as a backup to the two Hamer auto bouyancy aids that I carry on the boat.

I tend now to use it as first choice. Very comfortable to wear, no question about whether it will inflate or not in an emergency and those pockets are helpful for phone, hook sharpener, odd spools of trace material and anything you want to find quickly. Whilst its light, it also take off that early morning chill too.

Yep would recommend them.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

"Excellent service" - Ta Steve!

Always nice to get positive reviews of products. These, like most of the fladen gear, indicate something I've said on -lots- of posts and that is the Scandanavian gear really is top-notch (across the board) and most is half the price and better quality than the better known makes.

Glad we could be of service.

[ 29. June 2005, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk ]

Ian W

Can confirm these vests are good quality. Picked one up today as a backup vest(plus Mrs can wear it) which may now become my main one. My compact VHF fits nicely in the top pocket and a pack of mini flares in a bottom one.

Sizewise I went for the medium as it fit well - there's a small difference in buoyancy between that and the large (49N v 55N). My Yak Koast has 50N of buoyancy. Will do a 'drill' next time I head out and see how it performs when in the drink.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Didn't do any drills but managed to have a paddle with the Fladen buoyancy vest yesterday. Very impressed. I've managed to secure my dive knife to it. Comfortable cut and the pockets really help when fishing.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow