Mullet

Leon Roskilly

Hi Leon,

Yes I've tried a few times from the kayak for the mullet...without success yet...mainly because I fish for them on the fly. I find that the yak is absolutely ideal for putting the angler within easy reach of the shoals (as others have noted above :D ) As a extra bonus, the fish always appear that much more approachable as they don't expect anglers to be stalking them on virtually silent craft! The biggest problem I encounter is in fact maintaining a decent distance away...the fish regularly swim too close and then shoot off into the depths having spotted me.

It's all part of the fun though! Heart stopping moments and the thrill of the chase keep me coming back for more...it's just a matter of time! :D

All the Best, Art :)

Darnsarf,

If you ever want to come out and play I have 2 yaks all rigged and ready to go, all you need is a PFD.

I fish mostly hayling, but need to explore a little more, plenty of marks, but just lazy and always short on time!

Just PM me.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Really appreciate that. Ive whitwater paddled before (about 15 years ago mind)but if you dont mind a mad keen duffer tagging along Id love too.

Off to Cornwall for a couple of weeks but from 2nd week of august Ill do everything to be available. Happy to travel. Great offer thanks again. :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Blimey Darnsarf,

you've had an offer from 'Inspector Gadget' himself!!!...Starvin's got loads of great kit which'll give you a fantastic taster!!! :D ...bite his arm off, and jump at the chance....I've been trying to get on one of his yaks for a year!!!! :D:D

Cheers for now, Art :)

Im certainly jumping at the cahnce but I think biting his arm off might be a bit short sighted given the circumstances. :D:D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Art, you have to remind me, no good us thinking about it when I've driven home, 2 weeks time you can play on the Caper, just remind me, or maybe not :)

darnsarf and I will be having a meet during August, hopefully.

SM:)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• 5 years later...