new guys seeks advice before i go drown meself :D

Hungry Fisherman

sorry for the bad grammar and stuff but i get so excted and the potential of this hobby my brain goes faster than me fingers lol

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like SM says, the hatch on the Prowler13 is not really useable on the water. I have used it in a flat calm but only to see if I could, and its not easy. The neoprene cover is a tight fit and I need a knee and 2 hands on land to do it up.

But do you really need to use the hatch for rod storage? The paddle lashes can be used to strap rods to the side and they hold them really firmly, perfect for launching or coming in through a surf.

For me the hatch allows access to the inside to mount a transducer and battery for the fishfinder, and to store camping gear when I fancy an overnighter.

[ 26. July 2005, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: spanner ]

I'm glad it's your typing, thought I needed some new glasses. :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

ill be heading down to probs bournemoth canoes very soon as i wanna try test gear yaks etc get advice rather than mail order im sure ill prbs need to add things to it do ill get advice for that as well :D by the way has anyone tried fishing round camber sands as my family likes going there to do beach stuff so i can kill two birds with one grenade lets em do there thing while i lark about on my yak may take a rod try mackerel fishing before doing any real fishing :D

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

darn this yak thing sspoiling my dreams i used to have ots of well shaped women but they have deserted me now all i dream about is getting wet o0 and exploring new places i love camping that will need to be done as well damn why did i leave it so late we aint got mutch summer left :D

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

Simon will look after you at Bournemouth, don't forget to ask for a discount, you should be able to get your rod holders at the same time as Ocean Kayak are importing some of the Scotty range.

Also while you are there try on some paddle trousers and cag rather than a wetsuit, really comfy.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Essex Caper - now that you have had your kayak rigged this like for a while is there anything you would change or add ?

I'm thinking of fitting two scotty rod holders on either side of the yak, a bit further up from where you have the fish finder.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hello Hungry Fisherman

Looks like I might have someone to fish with soon :)

most of my fishing is around Sandgate and Hythe hopefully if the weather is ok I was going to try Folkestone this Saturday if you want to have a go in my Caper your more than welcome if you cant make that its in the garage in Romford it might just fit in my pond :D P.s got the picture and massage back to front :rolleyes: