Seal Hunting Trips

bluemarlin

I have just finished reading an excellent book on Native Americans and the chapter on the Inuits has got me thinking demon Would anyone be interested in going seal hunting? The river crouch in Essex leads out onto some prime Seal territory - Buxey/Maplin Sands Has good launch facilities and offers shelter from strong winds. We could either do a catch and release or club /harpoon the bastads. perhaps Simon could do an article in BFM and YY could do a safety article on harpoons :D Any takers?

I'll meet you out there bluemarlin, I'm gonna be heading round from the Blackwater on my Zodiac.

Can we kiss them and put them back, I've been going soft lately. :D

Hi kayakers, nice forum, I always have a looksee and enjoy reading about all your inshore exploits. Is there any chance you would accept me as an affiliate member if I use my paddles?

Seal hunting, excellent idea ! The Bass fishing never seems to be much good when The Seal turns up.

You got me thinking about what to do with them afterwards.....I have looked on The Net and undertaken a search under 'Seal Recipes' and I have found 'Seal in hot butter', 'Seal-in-the-Flavour' and 'Seal-in-the-Juices' but Delia does not seem to have anything.

I also found what look to be a few good cocktails that use Black Seals such as 'Black Seal Rum with Cherries', 'Black Seal Rum on the Rocks with Lime' (perhaps a few of these could be useful whilst out 'clubbin').

There was also a bit about 'Seal up the Fan', no idea what that is all about! Worrying......

I also did a bit more research and it looks like the Inuit used to use the seal skins to line the frames of Kayaks; this could be big business!!!! Are you worried Ocean?

If you go to www.eskimoadventures.com you will see that they, (Eskimos(Inuit)), use Seal blubber to make Icecream......delicious no doubt and I am sure would go down a bundle in Covent Garden (Don't tell Ben & Jerry please)

Anyway, I've just found something else that might be useful, a recipe for 'Club Steak', not read it but I guess that's got something to do with Seals too; I will let you know.

Sorry must go, got to get back to the Black Seal.

PS Don't you think these look like Seals?

ghost ghost ghost

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

Just found some bait that might work on the B&Q site. Its a silicon Seal Ant............ TAXI! :o

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi Bluemarlin.

I would be happy to help you with a few POINTERS regarding the safe use of Harpoons.

Of course.....you know they can deliver a realy nasty prick......welcome to the Kayak Fishing Forums by the way :D . :D .

Dont want to BLUBBER on , for fear of getting PELTED. :rolleyes:

Sharkbyte.

Affiliate member sounds good, paddles are a must of course......but will you keep up in your rubber ring thingy, we do tend to move well on the water, with grace and pace :rolleyes::D:P

YY :)

Just found another recipe; 'Seal with Clingfilm'.

These seals, are you going for the Grey ones or the Navy ones?

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President