Let us have a look at your Kayak.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yakity - Yak - u.k.:

Hiya Dan.

Your absolutly right mate, Bass is the main target species I fish for.

The area holds a good array of other species too.

We fish a catch and return policy, but the odd one does come home for the table.

Ill take some sceenery pics the next time Im out for you to have a look at.

If I remember the bl**dy camera:D

Cheers Dan.

YY   :)  

Thanks mate, look forward to seeing them

Dan

Hi DS.

Re the XT, fitting a portable fishfinder would be the way to go.

How often do you need a hatch?......well, thats a good question, and will depend on you entirely and what you want to do.

If you plan on carrying loads of kit, or going camping from the Kayak , then the hatch will be handy.

Opening a hatch at sea is not a realy good idea, especialy a Bow hatch.

But that is just my oppinion, and somthing I would not entertain doing.

The Scrambler XT is no slouch on the water, but ultimately, her performance is down to your personal fitness and paddle technique.

She will only go as quick as you are able to push her.

She will handle well in choppy sea, and is good in the surf, I still have one left, and would not part with her.

Rigging her is a dream, lots of flat and friendly surfaces to put your bits and bobs.

Here is a pic of the one I rigged and had the problems with the hatch.

The rig was perfect for my needs, apart from the addition of the hatches.

xtrig16.jpg

and this one.

xtrig17.jpg

If you do go for the Scrambler, let me know, Id be glad to share some ideas with you., if you need them.

YY :)

Hi Specimen.

Thanks mate, but that Yak is now dead :D

The net is used a great deal, and to good effect.

Not bragging here.....well not to much anyway :D ......but a large Bass in your lap can stick you with those dorsal spines, the net gives you better control over the fish, and is better for the fish too.

To be honest I dont notice any difference re the sail and drift, but having the use of the net, in my oppinion, out wieghs any drift.

Have a go with one, and see how you get on with it.

YY :)

Net what net, thought it was a radar reflector :D

Cheers for the piccies Yakity, hope your can join in, no need for traveling it's happening in your back yard, my backyard, everybodies backyard, well at the seaside, lake, pond, river or canal actually.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

See there you go again Im now swinging towards the XT. :confused:

I dont plan to camp and if I did Im quite happy with a sleeping bag in a Gortex Bivi bag. My prefered fishing methods are as light as possible. In my younger army days I was a reasonably succesful white water racer and slalom canoer. So I would hope that with a bit of practice I should reach a reasonable paddling standard. Subject to heart attacks of course.

Are portable fish finders OK and if you had your time again would you bother with the hatch?

Some great advice by the way thats what I like about this forum people are really willing to help.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Adding my set up on my Caper (foreground) just to change direction a little. The Yak in the background belongs to Musket. On the use of the hatch theme I agree with YY, not a good idea to open it whilst at sea. I use the hatch to stow spare gear empty kit bag etc. I also use a portable fishfinder that is strapped down to the top of the hatch.

Adding my set up on my Caper (foreground) just to change direction a little. The Yak in the background belongs to Musket. On the use of the hatch theme I agree with YY, not a good idea to open it whilst at sea. I use the hatch to stow spare gear empty kit bag etc. I also use a portable fishfinder that is strapped down to the top of the hatch.

Ready2ed.JPG