Let us have a look at your Kayak.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weight 12 stone - 168lbs (but will be fattening up a bit for the winter :D )

Trolling motor and 2 * 20amp batteries - 42lb

Water in tankwell - about 2 gallons / 9 litres - (not much is needed if water is flowing in and out continuously) - 19lb

Total so far without crate and tackle - 229lb..

Not too bad. Don't know how much the crate will weigh at this stage but shouldn't be too bad.

Live tank won't be used on every trip especially out of the summer season.

Yep interested in getting a fish n dive. Would be good for family trips and paddling.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

12 stone:eek:........you can take some of my wieght for the winter :D:rolleyes:

Still got some grace with the wieght on the Caper then.

The Fish n Dive gets some stick from some people for being big, heavey, and a barge on the water,

but realy she looks a great Kayak to rig and fish from.

Have you seen "Quietmans" F&D ?

He has rigged a trolling motor on his.

I used to have a Navigator, appart from having a high centre of gravity, she was a great Kayak to ride and fish from.

The F & D is only 5 inches wider than the Nav, but a little heavier, I reckon shell paddle ok.

With the addition of the Motor she will nip along nicely.

Proberbly need a new paddle though.

Looks like you are going to have to find some more room:D

I'd have to store if off site so it wouldn't get as much use as the Caper. The alternative is to buy our little one her own little yak. She's 8 now. If I get an F n D, a motor will be going on it

I've seen Quietmans F & D and am currently using his bait tank article to help me with my latest project.

How do did you find the Cobra plastic compared to the OK stuff? Can't but help think the plastic on my yak is a little soft.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

The plastic of both the boats was pretty much the same......well.....to this leyman anyhow.

The Navigator I had was a poor cast.

Lots of air bubbles around the Kayak rails, which with use became worse.

Sadly the response from Cobra was less than helpfull.

If it wasnt for Simon at Bournemouth Canoes, Id have been stuck with the Kayak, Cobra after sales service, in this instance,was terrible.

On a personal note, I dont think I would ever buy another Cobra Kayak.

But thats because of the service I got personaly.

Back then, the idea of Kayak Fishing was just getting a grip over here in the u.k. there was only a few people at it.

Ocean Kayaks have a firm hold on the market over here, part of that success is thier impeccable after sales service.

Aswell as producing excellent Kayaks.

YY

Yaskalos. might need your advice in the future. So thanks in advance.

Anyone know if the Tarpon 140 is available in the UK. Looks capable of giving the Prowler a run for its money, if a bit heavy. Good looker though.

YY. I was also looking forward to more pics. I think your beasts have scared off the mear mortals :D:D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi DS.

Yes they are available in the uk.

I was talking to Simon at Bournemouth canoes about one a while back.

The Tarpons look to be well finnished, and the reports on them ( by the users ) are all very positive.

Performance wise, dont know, but again, from reading the reports, it will hold its own on the water.

Never know......may get some more pics :rolleyes:

YY :)

Starvinmarvin took me out today, big thanks to him. Great guy.

Had chance to test both Caper and Prowler in decent wind and chop.

Prowler edged it for better speed and drier ride. Although, I wouldnt be devastated if a Caper fell in my lap.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

HF-Iasked the same question a while ago and this the advice that Newt gave me:

Posting pictures on AnglersNet

- place a copy of the picture on an internet site so it is available for public viewing. If you have a web site, you can use that. Otherwise you can put it on a web page that Elton (forum owner) makes available. http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/

- if you use that site,

.. fill in the top two blocks

.. browse to locate your picture

.. click to upload the file.

Once it is uploaded you will be taken to a page that has the new file location with tags around the location. Copy that and paste it into a post. Deed done.

Several important notes:

- the file must be .jpg or .gif to keep the size reasonable for our members on dialup.

- the file should be no larger than 640x480 for the same reason.

- the file name MUST NOT contain spaces or else it will not display. So my-fish.jpg is fine but my fish.jpgwon't display.

If you need a program that will easily convert pictures to .jpg or .gif and makes resizing them very simple, the free Irfanview is what I normally use.

--------------------

Newt Vail

ANMC International Founder Member, SACN Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope it helps

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"