Leaked film of the Americans training on british soil!

Dave H

we have Apache operations overhead quite regularly (the Hawk crash is just up the road from me as well).

I love the sound the Apaches make...sounds bad ass!!

totally different to any other copter going over....id hate to see them coming over the horizon and knowing I was their target!

I did not know we had a problem with the americans training on British land, I spent a lot of my service time training with the american forces in and around thetford. Never had any problems with them, bit gung ho and full of themselves but apart from that nice guys.

Edited by Lee Enfield

In my part of the world I grew up with RAF Woodbridge, Bentwaters less than 10 miles away and Mildenhall and Lakenheath also in the County.

When we moved into the villages in the 80's and early 90's most days we would see many A10 Warthog Flying Tank killers, alot of Hercules planes, Awacs and various Helicopters (used to watch Jolly green giants practicing rescues with US airmen off Felixstowe/Bawdsey), we would hear the Jet fighters and F111's but only saw them on occasion.

It is rumoured that at night Bentwaters also hosted the occasion SR71 when Mildenhall was unavailable.

One night a UFO even popped down to take a look at the stock of Tactical nuclear weapons allegedly stored at Bentwaters :busted_cop::whistling::busted_cop:

Nowadays we have British Army Apaches and the rescue SeaKing out of Wattisham flying about a few times a week along with the occasional Merlin or Chinook and it would not surprise me if the American Pavelows train in the area.

I am such a sado that I know which helicopters are about by their engine noise - the Apaches sound good but in my favorite is the twin thud of a low flying special forces Chinook in the early hours!

Oddly enough last week I bumped into a mate who told me that one night he watched two Apaches trying to keep up with what looked like an unmaned drone over the Marshes near me.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Chinooks every hour or so here ,not americand driving them i expect but i blame them for selling us the bloody things.

You can stand on hankley common and hear nothing (i mean not even wind) and some crappy chopper spoils it deliberately by merely existing and flying within a few miles ,foreigners are barstewards!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

we have Apache operations overhead quite regularly (the Hawk crash is just up the road from me as well).

I love the sound the Apaches make...sounds bad ass!!

totally different to any other copter going over....id hate to see them coming over the horizon and knowing I was their target!

If you were their target I doubt you would see them coming in the first place!

Hellfires have a range of 7000-8000m depending on type and the 30-mm M230E1 Chain Gun is effective at 1400/1500m but has a range of approx 4500m!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

i think in the hills of afghanistan you would hear them long before they saw you ,there isnt much traffic nor much else up the mountains i expect ,its probably extremely quiet ,i can hear chinooks minutes before they appear even here on hankley

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You would be surprised how "stealthy" they can make a chopper these days. Not just sound wise but "radar proof" too.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote