Mull of Galloway "Lads Week 2006"

Snatcher

The week starts 01July 2006. It is an annual occurance and involves copious amounts of fishing and drinking :)

The venue is Drummore,Mull of Galloway. Spanner and Saint(think it was him ) joined us for a few days this year.

The yaking is still to be explored but Spanner got plenty of fish. I am sure he will post up the link to this years trip.

I know he was looking for tope and bass,got neither but caught everything else

Mull of Galloway to those who have never been 3 miles of road separates east from west so no matter what the wind direction you can paddle somewhere - apart from the tip of the Mull

Anyway it is a thought for you yakers,come and join Snatcher for a good week.

I have a static van at Clashwhannon caravan park,Drummore but the owner has vans for rent. They all have a shower /fridge/tv/cooker/6 berth and I think are about £250 per week. He also has room for 2/3 "small" tents.

I could envisage a challenge cup(which I will provide) AN 2006 Shore v Yakkers cup.

Sound like a plan or what ?

If you want to book/enquire the number is Martin or Loise on 01776 840632

Come on Spanner add some meat to the bare bones

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

......mmmmmmmmmmmm........sounds like a nice joint sizzling in its own juices :)

Lots of potential for the yak thats for sure, sandy bays, rocky reefs, and bloody great 'keep-out-if-you-value-your-life' tide rips :)

And just for Simon, yes there are plaice, and although I didn't get one from the yak Rab did from the shore just to rub my nose in it :)

I'm hoping to get down again next year, there is a tope swimming around with my name on it :)

But, assuming I can get the time off work, I think next year I'm gonna have to be flexible and not go by a pre-set date. This year we missed the inshore tope by 1 week, they were around for 3 weeks but left early this year. I think next year I'll keep my ear to the ground, well close to Ian Burrett actually :) , and head down as soon as I can after its confirmed that they are in.

If that turns out the same week you are there Snatcher then a challenge cup sounds like a challenge....and you have no chance :)

Only been bothered my midges once in all the years I have been going to the Mull.

I will have the same contingent of NE rebel rousers as I had with me this year. Hopefully tack4,littletack4 and misstack4 from Stranraer will be joining us for part of the time as well.

If any yakkers plan to fish alongside us that week will put a challenge cup up for grabs.

I provided two this year for lads week. The boat cup (heaviest fish) going to young Snatcher and the shore cup went to young Terry.

Will dig out the thread now so those interested can have a look

"lads week the week that was or in some cases wasn't" posted 24June on the sea forum - there are actually some pictures of fish on it

[ 27. September 2005, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

I like the idea very much and I love Scotland. :D

Only trouble (if I can organize the time off)is the fuel cost.I drive a very thirsty land rover (and I'm based in south devon)but if I can upgrade my wifes car to a diesel passat estate or similar then I may be there,

cheers Jon.

[ 27. September 2005, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: musket ]

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

At least you cannot get lost M5 then M6 then A75

Advertise it on the forum,you may get some takers!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

"I could envisage a challenge cup(which I will provide) AN 2006 Shore v Yakkers cup."

:D:D Has this challenge anything to do with angling or will it take place in a well known local hostlery?

Beware you Yakkers I've heard the tale from Freddie Vladivar about Snatchers twenty four pint bender at the last Lads Week.

You've been warned

Come on John finish the full story,AND there were vodkas to follow the 24 pints

Intend to calm it right down next year team

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair