Mull of Galloway "Lads Week 2006"

Snatcher

Yep, I can try and organise the yakkers ..... its just a bit early for me to be able to commit for sure. I'll have to wait until nearer the time as for me it depends so much on work.

Heaviest fish sounds good to me, that way all we have to do is get a tope and that is you and the shore team whupped :)

You don't have to go to the trouble of a cup, I'll be happy with a pat on the back and a pint .... and it will be you doing the buying for sure :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Spanner nothing new to add,just bringing it to the top again in case there are any new paddlers out there :):blink::):)

I will provide a cup AND a pint! Do a separate cup anyway for the shore lads. My wifes mate works in the trophy shop anyway so it costs coppes. Lets go head to head Spanner a separate bet. Heaviest bass - one pint to the winner :P:P:P:P:P

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• 4 weeks later...

Spanner is the game on or what?

Have it on good authority that 10' yellow bananas scare bass :)

Would love it if you can bring a squad over :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

• 2 weeks later...
Only dropping in occasionally at the moment ..... I'm off work with broken ribs :( so I'm not ignoring you snatcher ;)

C'mon guys, anybody else up for meet in Mull of Galloway? Its only just a wee bit past Wales, honest.

Spanner opened my caravan up last weekend in Drummore. Noticed that the cows have broke through the fence on the small tent standing and "ploughed" it up for the country. Will keep you informed on the situation. Thing is New England Bay about 30 mins paddle away may take on tents. Back up2 weeks on Friday,will check it out and update this thread Spanner.

Plan C a lot of guys just pull in at Terrally and kip in the cars or bivvy on the beach. Be nice if you can organise a few yakkers against the Geordie p1ssed shore crew. Good to my word will stick up a cup for heaviest fish. Catch and release counts cos we are honest guys :):blink:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

• 2 weeks later...
Spanner opened my caravan up last weekend in Drummore. Noticed that the cows have broke through the fence on the small tent standing and "ploughed" it up for the country. Will keep you informed on the situation. Thing is New England Bay about 30 mins paddle away may take on tents. Back up2 weeks on Friday,will check it out and update this thread Spanner.

Plan C a lot of guys just pull in at Terrally and kip in the cars or bivvy on the beach. Be nice if you can organise a few yakkers against the Geordie p1ssed shore crew. Good to my word will stick up a cup for heaviest fish. Catch and release counts cos we are honest guys :):blink:

Spanner nothing new to add, just refreshing the yakkers memories :)

Bring it on. I reckon the Geordie shore lads will take the cup. Got a days tope fishing arranged with Ian on the Friday so will not include any fish caught that day.

Spanner check out Ardwell Back Bay this time.For a yakker it has to be vigin ground.Pollack to 10lb and wrasse to 5+

Will give you the location by PM if required. Its a beach launch for you - a doddle.

I do not think you tried the west side of the Mull last year?

Spanner if you want bass for definate give me a pm :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Slowly getting my strength back but I'm still not strong enough to lift a kayak over my head yet :( ..... but come July I expect to be fighting fit :)

Shame about the coos .... but you're right about plenty of alternatives so that shouldn't be a problem.

I only shore fished on the west side last year, at the Yellow Isle, and weather permitting I have every intention of getting across that side. But thats one of the great things about the mull, whichever way the wind blows theres a sheltered side :)

Last year I covered from Drummore up to the N side of Terally, but this this year I'll just be looking to go wherever the best fishing is, tope and bass being the main targets but I'd like to get to some variety as well for the species comp, so huss, plaice, haddock, gurnards etc will all be welcome. I had a couple of nice Tubs last year at Terally but none of my other target species.

I got mesel a fly rod from that nice Mr.Claws .... so I'm going to be trying for the bass the hard way ...... and I if I can spook up some gars like last year ... wohoo :D

Edited by spanner

Slowly getting my strength back but I'm still not strong enough to lift a kayak over my head yet :( ..... but come July I expect to be fighting fit :)

Shame about the coos .... but you're right about plenty of alternatives so that shouldn't be a problem.

I only shore fished on the west side last year, at the Yellow Isle, and weather permitting I have every intention of getting across that side. But thats one of the great things about the mull, whichever way the wind blows theres a sheltered side :)

Last year I covered from Drummore up to the N side of Terally, but this this year I'll just be looking to go wherever the best fishing is, tope and bass being the main targets but I'd like to get to some variety as well for the species comp, so huss, plaice, haddock, gurnards etc will all be welcome. I had a couple of nice Tubs last year at Terally but none of my other target species.

I got mesel a fly rod from that nice Mr.Claws .... so I'm going to be trying for the bass the hard way ...... and I if I can spook up some gars like last year ... wohoo :D

Spanner will supply you with some bass/pollack lures before the event. Loads of bass marks to give to you!!

Think the best plan if you come down for some of that week is to peruse my OS with me . Will make sure Martin gets that tent bit at the bottom sorted. Best book up in case it gets busy :)

Any other yakkers appearing get the same deal :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

How many definates have you got for the week John, I can't make it myself as we'll be up for the last week in July and first two of August.

If any of you yakkers are going to be about then give pm and i'll put you on a few marks if you can paddle fast enough to keep up with me wee dory :lol::lol:

How many definates have you got for the week John, I can't make it myself as we'll be up for the last week in July and first two of August.

If any of you yakkers are going to be about then give pm and i'll put you on a few marks if you can paddle fast enough to keep up with me wee dory :lol::lol:

in the van Snatcher ,young Snatcher, Daft Dale, Crazy Chris,Daft Harris. John if you want yer boat testing giz the keys :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair