Flounders

SpeciMan

- my brother may also come down sometime on Friday morning for a paddle and may fish for a few hours. He better arrive before the tide turns otherwise he'll be going on a trip to Poole Quay :D

Rag will be our staple bait but now we're going to throw a few other things their way; yellow tail, black and blow lug :cool:

If conditions are right we'll have 6 rods out between us (4 on the bottom and 2 on float ) - it won't be our fault if we don't catch..oh no... of course not :D

I mentioned using Aberdeens earlier - I'll also try the Varivas semi circle hooks on one rod and see how they perform. I find putting rag on a circle hook tedious.

Umm feels like there is a quite build up to this meet - I'm now expecting an avalanche of flounder and no less - they'll be fighting each other to jump on the hooks! :D

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL ILL PROBS BE USING TWO RODS on the bottom one with a bullet leads and a single snood with pobs rag and a wiggle fin other may have two snoods both with wiggle fins on i wanna see if they work may try a couple of beads as well

thats if i make it lol

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

No Starvin...I never had the pleasure of the company caravan...I only saw it the day it was removed...well I had free board and lodging in a brick built structure not far away!!! :D

As for the Flounder hunt lads...locally we have a flounder competition during the coming weeks (shore based). I've never competed, however I always like the sound of it...It's known as 'The Flounder Festival'...I reckon you've got the makings of a kayakfishing version :D

Best of luck, and I hope I can join you at Flounderfest in the future, Art :)

zippy - next few weeks are frantic, so I won't be able to make the weekend in a couple of weeks (21 - 23) but might be able to make a midweek day or two...keep you posted.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Good luck all you Poole flattie fishers :)

I'll be out tomorrow from 09:15-11:45(should just get back in time to pick up youngsters from pre-school)Oh I remember when I just used to go fishing :( ... Anyway out with a shop boughten spoon tomorrow.I'll make my own ,as I used to,later this month.

Cheers Jon :)

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Good luck with your flounder trip guys.

Would have loved to join you but work has got in the way :(

I had a little dabble last weekend in the Dyfi estuary from the shore with the baited spoon and it is a fascinating method that really does work well. Although I only had one flounder and a couple of school Bass, I missed many more bites on my lug baited size two aberdeen trailed 4-5 ins behind the spoon.

I tried leaving the bait still after the initial rattle and also continued retrieving after the first indication of a fish attacking the bait but even though they were nearly pulling the rod out of my hands, I was failing to hook up.

Any solutions would be gratefully received if you know of them.

Have a good un!

nifty

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

I hope you catch a nice flattie tomorrow Jon.

The hooklength of 1 1/2"- 3" inches I mentioned at the beginning of the thread might have been a bit on the short side - I'll find out tomorrow :)

Don't tell Zzippy but I've sneaked some booby beads into my crate should things go wrong :D

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

SpeciMan:

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

I hope you catch a nice flattie tomorrow Jon.

The hooklength of 1 1/2"- 3" inches I mentioned at the beginning of the thread might have been a bit on the short side - I'll find out tomorrow   :)  

Don't tell Zzippy but I've sneaked some booby beads  into my crate should things go wrong   :D  

My rods are set up with booby beads allready :D:D

zzippy2.gif

Booby beads are plastic round capsules which contain a ball bearing and you attach them to the line near your bait. I'll be using silver ones tomorrow. Can't but help think they'll get the bass biting but hey I don't mind if a 5lber comes along even if its not a flounder. :rolleyes::D

Review and pic of booby beads

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow