TF Gear to sign Jim Shelley

stivestackle

I see on TF Gears own facebook they are going to be signing up Jim Shelley to help develop their range of fishing tackle. I for one am looking forward to what new items of fishing gear will develop from that.

Here is a new brolly system out from TF later this spring. Looks well designed although I havnt seen one on the bank as yet. I believe there will be a range of end tackle under development as well.

What do you think of this then? Looks pukka!

TFGearBrollySystem.jpg

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp

I see on TF Gears own facebook they are going to be signing up Jim Shelley to help develop their range of fishing tackle. I for one am looking forward to what new items of fishing gear will develop from that.

Here is a new brolly system out from TF later this spring. Looks well designed although I havnt seen one on the bank as yet. I believe there will be a range of end tackle under development as well.

What do you think of this then? Looks pukka!

TFGearBrollySystem.jpg

"Looks pukka" - thats a Korda trade mark isnt it :hypocrite:

Jim Shelly is a Carp angler and I would presume TFG are going to develop more Carp gear.

When Mat Hayes was with them they made some decent (for the money) coarse rods.

• Like 1

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

It looks like just about every other brolly system and is undoubtedly made in the same Chinese factory as the rest of them.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I was sponsored by TFG, nice gear but as a company they couldn't care less about the people that work for them.

MMm, not sure about that. Obviously I am in the business of selling TF Gear and from my perspective have found them to be one of the best companies to deal with. Always helpful and totally supportive to us as a small business.

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp

• 2 years later...

It could all be nonsense, but I have yet to come across anyone with a good word about the said angler. He is indeed a fine carp angler; reputed to be among the best carp anglers in the UK, but I have read some deeply troubling comments on his, shall we say, bankside manner.

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope". John Buchan

I can't help thinking "should I know this guy?" and I'm sure he is every bit the angling celebrity that the company need him to be.

I must be out of touch 'cos I honestly couldn't tell you what he does.

Personally, any TFG gear I have bought in the past has always done exactly what I bought it for and at a reasonable price. I'd happily consider them as an option if and when I need to buy any big tackle purchases.

Our chief weapon is surprise

• 2 months later...

I can't help thinking "should I know this guy?" and I'm sure he is every bit the angling celebrity that the company need him to be.

I must be out of touch 'cos I honestly couldn't tell you what he does.

Personally, any TFG gear I have bought in the past has always done exactly what I bought it for and at a reasonable price. I'd happily consider them as an option if and when I need to buy any big tackle purchases.

I watched a u tube video he has made on hook sharpening, whilst he made some valid points (excuse the pun) I found him to be some what obstinate.

Think he spends his time crap fishing whilst talking carp and is a butcher by trade.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!