GRAYLING BASH...TIMSBURY MANOR...NOV 12th

argyll

Its that time of the year again and as Chris (Plumb) did such an excellent job last year he's having a break this year. So I'm going to try to organise the Anglers Net grayling bash on the River Test at Timsbury Manor just outside Romsey, Hampshire on Saturday 12th November 2005.

For those of you that have never fished this river before, its an opportunity to meet up and put a few more faces to names and experience one of the finest chalk streams in the country outside of the normal game fishing season. Last year we caught grayling, chub, dace, roach, perch, brown trout, rainbow trout, sea trout, carp, almost a pike and some record breaking minnows. All on float rods and a few pints of maggots. If I get a good enough immediate response, I'll try to book the whole of the Timsbury Manor beats for our exclusive use on the day. Not sure how the Lower Itchen beats will fish later in the season following a sewage spill into the river in the summer and which may have affected the larger grayling, so this may be our only chance at 'the lady of the stream' this season.

Numbers will be about 20 (some places are already spoken for) so don’t hang around, last year there were a number of disappointed stragglers. Price is £15 per head and must be paid in advance.

Names now please.

Gerry Castles

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest sandpipper

Hi just letting you know that i was the first person to fish timbury manor when it opened to the pulic and myself and four other guys dug out the pegs on the lake for free may i add, so that mr jones could open the place up we spent a lot of weekends there cutting the reeds back. had some good carp from there and there was two ghost carp at one time we used dog bickies. as i only live a mile away from there it was a nice walk along the canal to the test. tony from romsey

For a chance to even walk on the test I would be happy. To actually FISH it!! Put my name down please!! And I MAY have two places if I can persuade my mate to get time from work!! BUT certainly one, where can I send money to!!??

Spoken to Phil and he is able to go too!! So £30 to where please?? And as a sweetener I will put up a rod and reel to the best fish of the day!! (Whever catches it!! just depends who catches it to which rod and reel I donate :P )

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

All noted gents and I'll kick off a list starting tomorrow with your names (two for you Chris) . Hold the money until after the weekend. Thats about eight places gone.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

All noted gents and I'll kick off a list starting tomorrow with your names (two for you Chris) . Hold the money until after the weekend. Thats about eight places gone.

Put me down for that please. Minnow expert.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

i just feel i should let everyone know that i don't think glenns ever actually caught a fish, but we all live in hope ;)

you can hitch a lift with me if you like glenn

chris, i need a new float rod, PM me and tell me what you have