Angling Trust Tells Politicians to Change Course or Risk More Flood Misery

Anglers' Net

The Angling Trust has joined forces with environmental campaigners to warn that government policies are likely to make flood damage more likely and limit the ability of the Environment Agency to offer help, warning and support to flood-hit communities.

Click here to view the full article. Please reply below to add your comments, if any.

Try our newTackle & Bait Finder
http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fishingtackle/

Grab yourself an amazing bargain at http://www.cheap-bargains.co.uk/

USING THE LINKS ABOVE IS A WAY THAT YOU CAN HELP KEEP ANGLERS' NET FREE!

Government disputes the above topic:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25766564

A spokesman for Mr Paterson said: "The corrections do not change the headline figure which is that we are currently spending £2.3bn and that along with the £148m of contributions from partners this is more than was spent in the previous spending review period."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the trust needs to move away from the flooding as the flooding season is coming to an end, i.e. after the horse has bolted, next they will be saying that every household must go on water meters, what ever next.................................. :punk:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry, you're selectively quoting. The same BBC story also says that Owen Paterson's deputy had to admit the figures were wrong:

"Further analysis has identified some minor inconsistencies in figures previously provided. I regret this was not presented in a consistent way, something I have now rectified."

The report went on to say:

"The clarified figures confirm that, without the uncertain partnership funding, the government is spending £2.341 billion in the current spending review (2011-15), compared with £2.371 billion spent in 2007-11.

Only if ministers succeed in attracting a further £148m in partnership funding will the government be spending more than Labour on floods."

So taking inflation into account (remember the earlier figure was 4 years ago) there's a substantial fall in spending - even if the unpledged £148m does turn up!

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

more from the trust:

Angling Trust’s predecessors and 15 other organisations four years ago. The Blueprint set out a detailed strategy for tackling low flows and addressing water wastage.

In summary:

• Reduce consumption of water by 20% and from 180 litres per day per person to European average levels of 125 litres per day through education and metering.
  • Tackle leakage in water company supply pipes.
  • Introduce mandatory water efficiency standards in existing homes.
  • Make all new-build homes water neutral in areas where water is scarce; developers would have to ensure that new water usage is offset by investment in efficiencies elsewhere.
  • Amend or revoke damaging abstraction licences which damage river wildlife.
  • SET OUT A PLAN FOR INSTALLING WATER METERS IN EVERY HOME BY 2020 TO DETER EXCESSIVE USE. with tariffs to protect vulnerable customers.
  • Restore wetlands and halt development on floodplains to allow water to soak into the ground rather than disappear out to sea.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Come on Barry, play the game. You are just focussing on one proposal out of seven. I can see a couple more that I either don't agree with, or think aren't feasible.

As you know I'm no fan of the ATr, but you do your/our case no good by slagging them off whatever they say. It gets to the point where even someone like me thinks, 'Oh no,he's off again', and your more valid criticisms get lost in the mass of what seems like petty ones.

I'm not a member of the ATr, don't think I ever will be. I don't like how it was formed, or it's bias towards certain types of angling, or many of it's stated policies. I don't like it's apparent 'exclusiveness' to 'member only' ideas, or the way it 'forces' some anglers to sign up for membership or miss out on big events. Even with all this, I don't disagree with everything they say, just for the sake of it.

Even in a barrel of bad apples, there's a chance you'll find the odd good one now and then.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

That proposal was highlighted before I copied it, so yes it does appear that I'm concentrating on just one, yet I'm the same as you john and could look at a few more that look dodgy. I certainly don't like the idea of being educated for using water by a fishing org, perrlease, all the time it ain't going to cost 'em money they come out with these spurious ideas.

And yes Steve I was selective in my quoting, much the same as an org I know who are selective in choosing who they want, what they want and selective in the info or lack of it given out, so it works both ways I suppose. So I will concede my selectivity, others never will.

Their bass and bream campaigns are fine examples of selective information given, provided. Their rsa 2012 involvement left a little lacking in information provided, shall I write a book? :D

Important Information

We and our partners use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences, repeat visits and to show you personalised advertisements. By clicking “I Agree”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. However, you may visit Cookie Settings to provide a controlled consent.