ADMIRALTY PIER DOVER (a word of warning)

ray carper

five bellies, I was not "whining", but supporting the comments of previous anglers who actually fish the venue, as opposed to doing their sea fishing from their living rooms.

I dislike this anti social behaviour and make no distinction between nationalities, colour, religious belief, size, sex, or whatever.

Unfortunately, the majority of the problems caused on the Admiralty Pier and a few other nearby locations, is caused by our foreign friends.

That is not a symptom of xenophobia, or a racist comment, its just a fact and the truth.

Perhaps you should go and see for yourself.

It has been reported many times, by many people, to all the relevant authorities. and organisations.

The Police have attended when there are claims of thefts, or it turns violent, notably when a man was stabbed recently.

It is constantly mentioned in the local newspapers, local tackle shops and other fishing locations.

So lets not sanitize it and pretend its not a problem.

Why is nothing done about it ?

I believe that no single authority or organisation believes it is their problem, the Admiralty is private property after all.

Also, because of the people involved, whole cans of worms risk being opened and nobody wants the hassle.

So, it becomes a "no go" area, unless you take the precautions of not being alone and keep your eyes open.

Sea fishing around the coast isn't what it was, but the Admiralty is still one of the top venues, to lose this facility is a great shame.

I would issue the same warnings and disgust at the neglect of the Admiralty if the troublemakers were white, Christian, English, or whatever blend you care to choose.

:rolleyes: I think that just about sums it up in a nutshell. If the person is black or white, christian or muslim it doesn't matter, the facts are the same. If you are stabbed or shot, you are no less dead because the person who pulled the trigger is a white christian than if it was a black muslim, only this government brings colour or race into a crime and decides whether it is "racially motivated" or not. If it's a crime or anti-social behavior, does it matter what religion or colour the perpetrator is, does it make it any more or less acceptable? :angry:

:rolleyes: I think that just about sums it up in a nutshell. If the person is black or white, christian or muslim it doesn't matter, the facts are the same. If you are stabbed or shot, you are no less dead because the person who pulled the trigger is a white christian than if it was a black muslim, only this government brings colour or race into a crime and decides whether it is "racially motivated" or not. If it's a crime or anti-social behavior, does it matter what religion or colour the perpetrator is, does it make it any more or less acceptable? :angry:

Which was what I said or words to that affect straight out of the blocks (or armchair ;) )

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Hi FB,

I think it is you who has to wake up and face the facts mate

But they are people plain and simple,where they are from is an irrelavence

Untrue mate, where they come from sets the standards, peeing in front of people is not acceptable, but neither is closing the pier.

As an ex-bouncer you should know the best way to stop trouble is not to allow it to happen in the first place.

There is a venue near me which you require a permit before you can enter, it cost £50 per year and this keeps 90% of the tossers of the pier. You are also required to supply other details in order to obtain the permit pretty much like a bank this eliminates another 9%.

The 1% who do creep through are eliminated by other users reporting them to the management team and permits are withdrawn.

Strangely no permits have been with drawn as there has been no major problems.

Since the influx of eastern Europeans there has been a vast increase in these type of anti-social problems simply because their own standards have been extremely low before reaching here and because they are in a foreign country they feel they can do as they want and get away with it.

People are not racist because they cite these things they are just stating facts.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Hi FB,

BIG snip

Since the influx of eastern Europeans there has been a vast increase in these type of anti-social problems simply because their own standards have been extremely low before reaching here and because they are in a foreign country they feel they can do as they want and get away with it.

People are not racist because they cite these things they are just stating facts.

:angry: And the reason they get away with it is because nobody in authority wants to do anything about it because they are foreign and it's just TOO difficult. CPS won't apply for a Croation to be deported in a hit and run, no insurance death case because, "it's not in the public interest". Police won't prosecute Romanians for killing swans and eating them because," we have to understand there are different cultures at work here". One day the police or CPS MIGHT say, "when in Rome you do as the romans do, or in plain English, You want to live here, you obey OUR laws or go home. :angry:

Hi FB,

Untrue mate, where they come from sets the standards, peeing in front of people is not acceptable, but neither is closing the pier.

As an ex-bouncer you should know the best way to stop trouble is not to allow it to happen in the first place.

There is a venue near me which you require a permit before you can enter, it cost £50 per year and this keeps 90% of the tossers of the pier. You are also required to supply other details in order to obtain the permit pretty much like a bank this eliminates another 9%.

The 1% who do creep through are eliminated by other users reporting them to the management team and permits are withdrawn.

Strangely no permits have been with drawn as there has been no major problems.

Good morning Ken,

Cast your eyes over my initial posts,

I speak of control at the piont of entry, I also talk of the will to adress the matter needing to exist, I would also stress the need to not hide behind the Wogs start at Callis mentality wich is the real issue here :D something that I hasten to add dosnt apply to you mate, If a need exists to teach forieners our angling Customs is it offerd? by some poeple maybee but by and large No, The peeing in public thing always makes me Chuckle (Im going to fall into Cranfields trap now ) Its been a time since Ive left the Chesterfield B) and fished the Admiralty but as I remember the Tiolet Facilities are, as is the case with most sea angling venues a bit sparten I have a recolection of some on the Knuckle/ first bend but it may be imagined, What Outdoors man or women Be it Angler,shooter or Hiker hasent had a Pee in the great Out doors, The way this issue is portrayed is as if every one other than a Brit, is running around with a fishing rod,frying pan and thier Cory hanging out, Heres one for you all, do you remember Using inner City Phone kiosks, And Tower block lifts and stairwells in the good old days before the plauge from the east came to eat our Swans and impregnate our women :D when this country was bastion of Anglo saxon and Celtic morality, the smell of pi55 used to Knock you off your feet,Anti social bahvoiur at the seaside poeple running scared for there lives, sounds a bit like a Bank holiday at Brighton, Margate,Scarborough,Blackpool when Mods and Rockers and latterly punks and skinheads used to have a Jolly.

I have tried to steer away from Useing the Term Racist I have used Predudice though Very few poeple are truley Racist, however we all tend to have preducial veiws , in some shape or form If you have them and you are honist enough to admit it on a public forum then be prepaired to defend them, Ive been shot down on more than one occaison on here and Take it firmly on the Chin when wrong. going back to the original post from Ray I only took issue with the relivance of race to his post, when it was only realy a post on anti social behaviour. The cause wasnt the ethnicity of the poeple on the pier It was just the type of poeple on the pier.I can see a vast difference.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Trying to teach them can only be done if they want to learn and I find it very difficult to accept that the bin liner mob would ever want to learn the fine arts of angling.

Peeing in public, yes like you I have on many occasions had to resort to relieving myself on the beach. However my first thoughts are to carry it out in a decent manner by not exposing myself to other users. Standing in full view of people and peeing just goes to show the type of dross we are unfortunately importing. I would agree with your point on inner city phone booths etc, but there is no reason why it should be accepted and enhanced upon.

I will admit I find it hard to accept that some illiterate idiot from the back of beyond can come over here and pillage our welfare system and abuse our recreation facilities, whilst I am unable to claim one bent nickle since my heart attack after paying in thousands of pounds in NI and other taxes and know full well if I was to expose myself in public I would be banged up before I could draw a second breath.

As I read it this venue needs some good management and would be better off in the hands of a company doing it for profit rather than some poorly equiped angling club.

Mumbles pier is in private hands, cost of entry £3 per rod so it would cost your seven rod man £21 pr day and believe me they check up. The pier is clean and one would be quite happy to take kids down there. The fisheries people are also active so under size fish usually go back.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Trying to teach them can only be done if they want to learn and I find it very difficult to accept that the bin liner mob would ever want to learn the fine arts of angling.

Peeing in public, yes like you I have on many occasions had to resort to relieving myself on the beach. However my first thoughts are to carry it out in a decent manner by not exposing myself to other users. Standing in full view of people and peeing just goes to show the type of dross we are unfortunately importing. I would agree with your point on inner city phone booths etc, but there is no reason why it should be accepted and enhanced upon.

I will admit I find it hard to accept that some illiterate idiot from the back of beyond can come over here and pillage our welfare system and abuse our recreation facilities, whilst I am unable to claim one bent nickle since my heart attack after paying in thousands of pounds in NI and other taxes and know full well if I was to expose myself in public I would be banged up before I could draw a second breath.

As I read it this venue needs some good management and would be better off in the hands of a company doing it for profit rather than some poorly equiped angling club.

Mumbles pier is in private hands, cost of entry £3 per rod so it would cost your seven rod man £21 pr day and believe me they check up. The pier is clean and one would be quite happy to take kids down there. The fisheries people are also active so under size fish usually go back.

No ones saying its acceptable Ken! But what I am saying is ,It happens, If you want it to stop, adress the behaviour across the board,The welfare issue I will save for another day,Needless to say its a mess, Again Ken, although I dare say some of the Peeing Rabble :o may be indescrete I dought the whole peir is under siege by Dick waving forieners.

This bit you posted and I would like to awnser if I may!

"I will admit I find it hard to accept that some illiterate idiot from the back of beyond can come over here and pillage our welfare system and abuse our recreation facilities,"

Whos the Idiot Ken the poeple who Abuse the system or the poeple who allow it to happen? (Excuse my spelling here) Myther tidvile has the highest rate of incapacity benifet recipiants in the UK even the locals Call it Myther sickvile Not an area saturated by Foriegners banging on the sick I would have thought. Just a country town suffering years of underfunding and social neglect Not disimillar in many ways to Dover exept Dover is a port town,

Just to add my expieriance of most economic migrants to this country show a work ethic that would put us to shame, an ethic that we are only too happy to expliot, within the Farming,Security,Building and Cleaning

Industries espeacialy.

Im not defending Rotten Apples Ken In fact the compleate oppersite just use the laws of the land and dont brand whole tracts of sociaty for the actions of a few. I dont feel thats unreasonable.

انا آكل كل الفطائر